What's new

Best SS wax from KR

soonermajic

Reaction score
What's the best SS hp Wax you guys have used from Kleen Rite? I have used Just Peachy & it works great. Only problem is it can leave a strange green tinted water, on the car, that literally looks just like anti-freeze. I have noticed a couple other guys complain about this same issue (thank goodness, as I thought I had a TC/EC leak).

So, what great HP wax do you guys use, from KR?

slash007

Reaction score
Lol I lost a customer over that as he kept insisting that it was tire cleaner mixing with the was and wouldn't believe otherwise. Only complaint so far though in 2 years.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's not from Kleen-Rite, but I prefer Scotch Plaid's "Cherry Brite" which has carnauba wax.

Eric H

Reaction score
I have 2 wax selections on the dial, one is labeled Teflon Sealer Wax and the other Clear Coat Sealer.
I've been using Kleen-Seal with Teflon for at least 15 years. Customers rave about it and I love the cost. A 5 gal pair lasts a long time with a red tip
I also use Kleen-Pak Sealer for the other selection. It comes in a box with 2 2.5gallon containers. A little less show on this product but I can't find anything that I like better...I always hated Just Peachy.
I've also used JBS Omega Dry but it seemed like it was always out of stock at the warehouse when I would order it.

Randy

Reaction score
We’ve tried the “Just Peachy Beading Sealant” and the “Deep Blue Foaming Shine Sealant” found them both to be garbage. We use both the “Simoniz Cherry Glo” and the “Simoniz lemon Glo” and find both of them to work well.

copperglobe

Reaction score
That "anti-freeze" is exactly our experience with Peachy Peach. Even had customers wash and then pull out to dry and drip that green wax water to the ground and then think there's something wrong with their coolant. I'm looking for new stuff.....

TurboJet

Reaction score
That "anti-freeze" is exactly our experience with Peachy Peach. Even had customers wash and then pull out to dry and drip that green wax water to the ground and then think there's something wrong with their coolant. I'm looking for new stuff.....
Had same problem with KR Just Peachy - customers complained about antifreeze looking issue. Very strange chemical reaction because its orangy in the barrel. Switched to Deep Blue Foaming Shine Sealant KRC280. Decent white show and scent.

I'm also having problems with some jugs of Purple Passion presoak concentrate clogging my foot valves up. Going to switch to KR Summer Breeze presoak.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
angy in the barrel. Switched to Deep Blue Foaming Shine Sealant KRC280. Decent white show and scent.Had same problem with KR Just Peachy - customers complained about antifreeze looking issue. Very strange chemical reaction because its or
I'm also having problems with some jugs of Purple Passion presoak concentrate clogging my foot valves up. Going to switch to KR Summer Breeze presoak.
I gave up on the KR "Pre Soaks" and no use their low PH for Pre oak and HP. No jelling issues.

Randy

Reaction score
You might be better off going to DollarTree and buying some dish washing soap, it might clean better. Purple Passion and KR Summer Breeze presoak are both garbage. They are both a neutral PH product so they have little or no cleaning ability. Get yourself a 50lb. box of Kleen-Rite Super Wash it’s only $70.75 makes 55 gallons of Presoak. https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-6690-kleen-rite-super-wash-50-pound.aspx

Etowah

soonermajic

Reaction score
I didn't specifically mean a KR branded wax, but what great SS Wax does KR carry? I could pick it up Mon, as I will be right by there, & save shipping costs.

TurboJet

Reaction score
I think we can agree, ultimately we want a wax that has great show, scent, beading, doesn’t gel or affect equipment, doesn’t leave windshields greasy, and of course at a good low of fair price preferably in concentrate form. I would like to know as well. But seems hard to tick all the boxes and find this super product.

Operators seem to get different results. Maybe water hardness affects things. I’m in a soft water zone.

I’m currently using KR280 Deep Blue Wax. Does it tick all the boxes. Not all. But I’ve paid more for other product that was worse. I’m sure there is a better product out there somewhere. Just tired of experimenting I guess. So with what I’m paying I’m ok right now results wise with the KR deep blue. The PS. Another story. Based on earlier comments I’m rethinking my next order.

Eric H

Reaction score
TurboJet;118836I’m currently using KR280 Deep Blue Wax.[/QUOTE said:
Product description says "light blue foam". How blue is the product when it hits the car? I've always wondered why we apply a product with colors in it after we have just spent time and money to get all of the contaminants off of the car. Both of the products I use have a light white foam.

copperglobe

Reaction score
Product description says "light blue foam". How blue is the product when it hits the car? I've always wondered why we apply a product with colors in it after we have just spent time and money to get all of the contaminants off of the car. Both of the products I use have a light white foam.
I agree about the coloring, especially in waxes. I don't care about colors in HP waxes. I tried one wax product that the coloring was so strong that customers were complaining.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I didn't specifically mean a KR branded wax, but what great SS Wax does KR carry? I could pick it up Mon, as I will be right by there, & save shipping costs.
If you are going to be right by Kleen Rite you will be right by Scotch Plaid also. I use Scotch Plaid Carnuba.

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
I second Simonize lemon glo. I quit using the KR brand about 5 years ago and have been happy with the simonize product.

TurboJet

Reaction score
“Light Blue Foam”. I cannot say you see any blue when sprayed on. Has a whitish show to me. You could thicken it up, but then I find it leaves too much streaking on windshields. I can see a blue tinge in any standing water in the bay after its use. So you could say it’s blue. Definite carnuba wax smell in the air when used.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I use Scotch Plaid Carnauba also and it works really well but not much of a show. The wash I just bought was/is using Lemon Foamy Wax from Scotch Plaid and it works well also and it puts on a show with all the foam. It gets used a lot and I get good feedback about how I have "really good chemicals" so I think I will stick with it.

MEP001

Reaction score
I had forgotten about their lemon wax. You're right about the show, but I much prefer the results of the carnauba.

I know more than a few people who just use the cheapest foam brush soap for their high pressure. Doesn't clean a thing but their customers are happy with the show.

Jerry

Reaction score
I use RainX. I swapped out my wax which barely got used and now this is my 3rd most used product(behind foam brush, HP soap).

The product works, the signage is bright, the name recognition is tremendous and it's creating value(since my competition doesnt offer it) over a no-name scented wax that most likely didn't work anyways.