What's new

Best rollover system

Hoss

Reaction score
Hi, im new in this business and have existing 5 bay self-service and a 40’ touch less which is old and useless, im looking to choose tge best quality rollover with less time which does both touch-less and friction ,
Can u advise me on mark vii choice wash or flex 5 combo

soonermajic

Reaction score
Ingotna SoftGloss & like it a lot. But, I also love the i5 from Oasis.
WashWorld Profile is prolly the best, but more expensive, only 3 brushes, & SLOWER.

washnshine

Reaction score
It’s smart of Istobal to offer both a 5 and 3 brush version of their machine.

PDQ has a three brush/ two bridge system called the Surfline. Probably wouldn’t be my first choice, but since you’re shoppin’ around.

MGSMN

Reaction score
The Ryko Softgloss 3 Brush Maxx can do both friction and touchless washes but I wouldn't say it was a fast machine.

Etowah

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I have a Istobal flex five five brush and lease a wash with two- three brush machines. All my machines are new with less than 10K cars. They generally do a very good job washing and will wash as well as an express tunnel if not better. They miss a couple of spots on the backs of the crossover SUVs that I don't think you could get with any mechanized equipment. The three brush units are on the slower side but can be field upgraded to five brush for around 25K if you discover you need the extra throughput. I actually like the three brush units better. There is virtually no PM on the machines-no fittings to grease. I just wipe the eyes off occasionally. Factory support for Istobal is very good. If I have a problem I just usually send a text message to tech support and they will handle it, usually within the hour.

I looked at the Oasis I5 and it was definitely a contender, but it needed a slightly longer bay length to work well and the I5 had grease fittings. PM is not a big deal if you have one machine but if you have multiple autos needing maintenance it becomes a pain in the ass every month. It is a fast machine though.

Washworld would also be on my short list to check out.

The Ryko was economical and fast but everyone I've seen does a poor job on the backs of cars. Plus, every C store around here uses them. I'm not sure a customer would notice but I would like to differentiate myself from them.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I'm pretty much set on a Petit 360 + Istobal Flex 5 . I'll really give them a GOOD look over at the show and go from there.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Make sure you let us know your thoughts & what you end up doing

Blue Wave

Reaction score
We purchased a Mark VII Choice Wash XT in 2018. It works great but we have had a few issues. Within the 1st year, we have replaced a hub scrub 4X. Mostly operator error, but it is very difficult to feel the rails, mounted near the machine , if you are driving a pick up truck. That aside, we now are replacing the air cylinder for the boom and we haven't even hit 15K washes. There have been a few other software glitches-mostly soap/chemical distribution. I had looked at other auto washes, but since I was replacing a old Mark VII, it was cheaper to stay with the same set up.

Hoss

Reaction score
thanks everyone for your thoughts, im still searching, i have 2 small bays, and not much room for mechanical, im thinking to put 2 touch less side by side, if i go with typhoon, i can do 1 and use other bay for equipment. what about petit 360?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
thanks everyone for your thoughts, im still searching, i have 2 small bays, and not much room for mechanical, im thinking to put 2 touch less side by side, if i go with typhoon, i can do 1 and use other bay for equipment. what about petit 360?

You can build a small equipment room( kind of a shed) for the pumping unit for not too much money. Many friction units have a very small pump station footprint.

Unless you are surrounded by friction units at C stores and/or tunnels I would offer friction to your customers.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I am just puzzled how expensive IBA friction equipment is vs touchless on equipment cost then you have to add onto the building, concrete doors and heat. But it seems like that's what the Customers want but I am just having a hard time processing the numbers on paper.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I am just puzzled how expensive IBA friction equipment is vs touchless on equipment cost then you have to add onto the building, concrete doors and heat. But it seems like that's what the Customers want but I am just having a hard time processing the numbers on paper.
Yeh, Thomas you gotta buy friction when they do specials. Thats how I afforded my SoftGloss, & am so glad I got it. Customers use it when my preppers aint here, 90% !
But replace my old touchless in a few yrs, cause they use it 70% when preppers are there.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I see Petit just put out a couple new videos with side by side comparisons of the W.W Razor and L.W 360 to their 360i system

soonermajic

Reaction score
I see Petit just put out a couple new videos with side by side comparisons of the W.W Razor and L.W 360 to their 360i system
Well, what were your thoughts on those videos?
Does Petit have a cheaper unit, like the XR-7, for $60k?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Well, what were your thoughts on those videos?
Does Petit have a cheaper unit, like the XR-7, for $60k?
I like the speed of the Petit 360i I've watched many videos on YouTube about it mostly in tunnels, as for the IBA side I would like to see it not floor mounted but with all the violent shaking it does on the HP rinse that might not be possible. No Petit doesn't have a cheaper unit like the W.W XR-7 unless you took it down to the single Cat 3535 model which is highly not recommended I hear.

Here is the Space-saving stacked model:

1578787397834.png

Attachments

soonermajic

Reaction score
I was under the impression that the Petit 360 was an IBA? im looking for something to replace my Ryko OHD US 2001 Touchless.....