What's new

Best Pre-Soaks out there?

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Also Armorall Profesional/ZEP there all together and higher than ever also lol

txheat

Reaction score
I still don't know what Pre-Soak is most used. We did get a lil off topic, but no biggie. I used Lustra Drum Pack for Pre-soak. Works very good, but higher than a Giraffe's A$$. I am switching to Kleen Rite Mean Green, or something like that. It's 1/3 the cost, & mixes fairly close. Gonna try it starting tomorrow...
You are located in texas? I suggest you look up AP formulator , they are located in Houston,tx. Ask for salesman to come out to you if possible. If not ask them for samples. As to your question, I use AP product because they are local/in the vicinity and they deliver to us without shipping charge. I'm still trying to find the right product/cost ratio so right now im using KR Purple Passion Presoak for Selfserve and Dream Klean in IBA (in bay automatic). I used to use Dream Klean for selfserve but it was too toxic. This is not easy question, you just have to figure out which works best for you and your customer. Good luck! btw we use different chemical for tire cleaner. I dont know about the rest of the group but to me , soap doesnt clean break dust off as well as the wheel cleaner. We use AP Double Mint Foamy Tire & Engine Cleaner, the same stuff we use for our IBA.

Last edited:

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have enjoyed trying Super Kleen Powder and Simoniz foam additib\ve for my IBA presoaks. The wash quality is very good with this combo for me.

I like the powders for many reasons and am using them in my SS as well now. Simoniz correct and Foam additive combo.

MaxClean

Reaction score
I recently changed to Stinger Chemicals. I'm trying it out and it's pretty good. I've used Turtle Wax products forever but they no longer sell their products here in Houston. They were a lot more expensive but people recognized the name. I changed over and the products are just as good and half the cost. www.stingerchemicals.com ask for Myrick.

I'm also new to the business. I took over since my parents retired. Always learning.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Stinger chemical guy, from Dallas, just stopped by. He's gonna give me a demo day for free (both IBA & 3-SS). I won't do that for a couple more mos. I'll let you guys know what I think. I am very anxious to try them out.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I called Stinger several Months ago called 3 times directly and emails to try there products and someone kept promising me a sales rep to follow up to call me and I gave up and went with Quest glad I did. Just my experience even tried to become a Stinger Distributor in NC no follow up.

txheat

Reaction score
I called Stinger several Months ago called 3 times directly and emails to try there products and someone kept promising me a sales rep to follow up to call me and I gave up and went with Quest glad I did. Just my experience even tried to become a Stinger Distributor in NC no follow up.
When we first started out, we ran out of foambrush det. Ask a friend to swing by Stinger to grab a 5 gallon bucket. They told him they dont sell over the counter has to go thru salesman. Then charged him (actually me) an arm and leg for 5 gallon bucket for that one time sale. That was my first and last time doing business with them...of course this was in Houston.

HCW

Reaction score
We started using scotch plaid presoak several months ago and so far it's ok. They are located in DFW area.

soonermajic

Reaction score
SO, ZEP/Blue Coral/Armor All are all good, but higher than a Girraffe's A$$! Scotch Plaid is ok, as are Stinger (but good luck working w/ Stinger).
Now, onto K-R: what Pre-Soaks are good & bad? How bout Purple Passion, Kleen Power, Simoniz Super-Soak, JBS Storm-Power(kinda pricey), etc...?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
prple Passion NG. gets Jellied. Had similar issues with some other stuff. I now use their tunnel HP soap for PS and HP soap in the SS.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i love simoniz correct powder and simoniz foam additive .

i now use it for my iba presoak, hp soap in self serve and foamy brush and detail hand prep buckets and iba self-prep bucket.

works great in all these applications.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Ok, I tried Correct & foam additive. It just wouldn't cut anything, so I amped up the power. Still wouldn't get the grime off , at all. Tried KiddWash, outta Lubbovk. Works pretty good, step. But, salesman is about 5 hrs away.
Gonna try Stinger now, as there's a guy who delivers to a Tunnel, 20 minutes away, & will deliver for Free.
Never heard back from Quest, per Tldc...

soonermajic

Reaction score
Actually should move this to IBA, as I'm using KR concentrates on my SS. Bubble Up F-B, Glide Pre-Soak, Vanilla Cream hp Soap, Kleen White for TC/EC, & Just Pechy for hp Wax. ALL work really good.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Ok, I tried Correct & foam additive. It just wouldn't cut anything, so I amped up the power. Still wouldn't get the grime off , at all. Tried KiddWash, outta Lubbovk. Works pretty good, step. But, salesman is about 5 hrs away.
Gonna try Stinger now, as there's a guy who delivers to a Tunnel, 20 minutes away, & will deliver for Free.
Never heard back from Quest, per Tldc...

I would be more than happy to give you Jason Huf the owner of the company's Info again coach. He has always been very responsive with me first class operation.

soonermajic

Reaction score
That sounds good. Not taking a shot @ Quest at all. Heck, itay have been my fault. I have 3 kids, fulltime coach & teach, Ice business & CarWash. Ha

Bud

NE Ohio
Reaction score
I use Kleen Green at 1 wash and Sonic from Kln Rt at another. I switched to the Sonic because the Kln Rt Purple Passion always "snotted" up and plugged up the foot vlv. The Passion was a better product than Sonic. I am switching this wash over to the Kleen Green. I mix 30 gal of soft water w/25 lbs of the powder. I have been doing this for a long time. Only issues are cleaning the drum out now and then and it seems harder on foot valves which I attribute to being a better product.

Kwoelke

Reaction score
When swapping out Tire cleaner for Tri-Foam, people loved it! I never had a complaint about not having "Tire Cleaner". I believe people who used it on a regular basis knew they were the same. Another thing to consider, CB80 advised me to move the PS off the HP gun and put it on a foam gun and separate boom. So I combined Tri-foam and PS on the same foam gun/boom....Now PS foams better than before. No more HP check valves for PS and no more PS weep shutoff solenoids. I love it and so do the customers!

AS for measuring product???? I use Dwyer flow meters!:p No measuring cups and stop watches or car counts used here! :)
Could you give me more information on this Pre soak on a foam gun? I have a competitor do this and i was wondering how he came to getting it all put together. i am looking into triple foam but i feel like a pre soak foam gun kind of does the same and i get people wasting more time spraying the PR foam gun and don't have to spend over $3k on a triple foam system.