What's new

Best place to.order 60/80 gal 3 phase 2 stage compressor

soonermajic

Reaction score
Where's the best / quickest place to order a compressor? I want 60 or 80 gal, 2 stage 3phase. Full on commercial.
I hear Home Depot now carries FS Curtis 3 phase...? Scared to buy anything at big box stores. But if it's full commercial, i may do it. Just don't wanna do something dumb w/ $2500+ on a compressor...

traveler17

Reaction score
I just bought an 80 gallon Ingersoll back in February. Nobody around was carrying 3 phase. These guys were good and recommended to me

HeyVern

Reaction score
I would look for a local Quincy dealer. We use Maddox Compressors in Ogden.

soapy

Reaction score
I use quincy 3 phase compressors. You really only need a single stage for a car wash.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Not a such thing as "local" Quincy / Curtis etc dealers. You must be in a metropolis to be near one.
FS Curtis, Quincy, Champion et all are highly recommended.

HeyVern

Reaction score
Not a such thing as "local" Quincy / Curtis etc dealers. You must be in a metropolis to be near one.
FS Curtis, Quincy, Champion et all are highly recommended.
When I say "local" I mean in the same state, with Texas being the size of four five states combined, it's a little different for you.

MEP001

Reaction score
$oapy, why do u say only need single phase?
He said single stage.

Why are you so set on getting a 3-phase? Unless it's custom-built, you probably aren't going to get a 60 gallon 3-phase.

soonermajic

Reaction score
3phase has a softer start, runs quieter, lasts longer, & i think uses a lil less electricity.. upfront cost is quite a bit more.
Yes, u almost have to have a custom built 60 3ph.
I think gonna order the 60 gal 2 stage PolarAir that Randy recommended. He's the oldest guy on here, so he prolly has the most wisdom. 🤔😳🤣🤣

soonermajic

Reaction score
I ain't positive what the advantages/ disadvantages a 2 stage has over a single stage...?

MEP001

Reaction score
2-stage delivers more air volume at a higher PSI. A good single-stage commercial unit rated 100% duty cycle will hold up very well and will usually cost a lot less. For the cost of a really good 2-stage unit you can get two single-stage ones and pretty much guarantee no compressor downtime.

cbchevy4x4

Reaction score
I had good luck
3phase has a softer start, runs quieter, lasts longer, & i think uses a lil less electricity.. upfront cost is quite a bit more.
Yes, u almost have to have a custom built 60 3ph.
I think gonna order the 60 gal 2 stage PolarAir that Randy recommended. He's the oldest guy on here, so he prolly has the most wisdom. 🤔😳🤣🤣
I had polar air in my Commercial shop for 10 years, seemed well built I did have an issue with the pump about a year and a half after owning it. I had bought my oil from them they sent me a new pump no questions asked, i was quite pleased with that type of service to say the least.

soapy

Reaction score
Car wash air pumps don't need 150 PSI most run under 100 PSI. Get a continuos duty rated unit. My family was in the tire business for 40 years. We used a lot of compressors. We always choice Quincy or INgersol Rand continous DUty. We had many that the 40 years we were in business.

Overachiever

Reaction score
I bought an Eaton from some recommendations on here back in 2015 and haven't had many issues.. they had a 5 year warranty and replaced the automatic drain and another piece that failed. Had the electric motor go on it in the last year but I found the same one on ebay for cheap.