What's new

Best Payment Options?

grimetoshine

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I recently took over 3 carwash locations, they're all on the slugbuster 2 systems. I've been thinking about adding the payment credit/debit card terminal to each, but I am not sure if it will be worth the investment. Do you guys have success with adding those things in? and if so who would be the best provider? thanks.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I recently took over 3 carwash locations, they're all on the slugbuster 2 systems. I've been thinking about adding the payment credit/debit card terminal to each, but I am not sure if it will be worth the investment. Do you guys have success with adding those things in? and if so who would be the best provider? thanks.
If you don't have credit card you are leaving quite literally thousands of $$ on the table. Keep track for 30 days of how many businesses you patronize that don't accept credit card. You'll answer your own question.

OurTown

Reaction score
I could not imagine a car wash without card acceptance these days. Cryptopay is the most practical because the equipment is inexpensive and easy to install. You could install it in only your busiest bays at first to see what happens.

Reaction score
Accepting Credit Cards is the quickest way to boost your income ASAP. Count up function if possible. You will collect more money per customer this way.

Reactions: sjb

sjb

Reaction score
Agreed, credit card acceptance for us has been a game changer…. and it only took us 24 years…!

Other changes have also have paid off…

we now only dispense our $1 tokens, they cost approximately 41 cents and we sell them for a $1. The bill changers when playing nice will give the customer 23 for a $20…

We accept customers quarters and $1 coins… which can still be a considered a hassle, but at least it is a profitable one…!

Best of luck on your new venture!

kentadel

Reaction score
We use Nayax vpos in our bays with 4 price selections on their face for the customer to choose. Switched from count up to count down and we are extremely pleased with them. We use count up on the vacs.

Attachments

Last edited:

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I added CC to half the bays with Cryptopay and put up signs saying "These bays accept Credit Cards" Did count up. In short order I was conviced to do the rest and then the vacuums. I already had LED 7 Timers in the bays.

KFPanda

Reaction score
I'm still waiting on my Monex readers.... almost 3 weeks now! But if all goes well with those 6 in the bays I'm looking at Coinless next for vacs and bays. I'm thinking cash and coinless app for vacuums but no reader might push more people onto the app without turning away too many (how many people aren't on smartphones now)

*Coinless needs to generate a good amount of business the software fees monthly are kind of high even though the equipment is cheap.

grimetoshine

Reaction score
Wow thank you all for your help, i think it is a no brainer to go cashless. Now which one do I go with? Nayax or Crypto? Also anyone heard of Monex?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Wow thank you all for your help, i think it is a no brainer to go cashless. Now which one do I go with? Nayax or Crypto? Also anyone heard of Monex?
not sure what the best is but I’m upgrading my meter boxes and putting Monex readers on them.

Hopefully I’m not making a mistake but I’ve read a lot of positive things about them as well as the guys from Ginsan spoke highly about them

Reaction score
Cant speak for other brands but I have been really happy with my Nayax readers. Nice clean dashboard which recently got better and the Monyx app allowing me to run a bay from my phone is big. I just ordered a bunch of NFC key fob tags from amazon that I am going to program to run fleets with contractors etc.

OurTown

Reaction score
We want to switch to Monex but will wait to see if they get the remote start function option going and implement gift/fleet cards. They also may not work on an MDB protocol vending machine but will work on pulse which I think are how Laurel drop shelf vendors work. Nayax might be fine but the negativity about their customer service taking so long to get back to you turns us off. Looked at Wash Card again recently but they are still off the mark. There is no perfect credit card system. They all have compromises so for now it's Cryptopay for us.

Keno

Reaction score
We have nayax in our wash bays in count up mode, biggest revenue driver of all of our upgrades in our turnarounds. We liked nayax after seeing all 3 at Nashville car show in 2022. While their customer service has gone downhill due to explosive growth they are experiencing, there are at least 2 3rd party companies that can help get car wash operators up and operating with the nayax units for bays, vacs ,and IBA

Keno

Reaction score
xcp corp and Car Wash Services out of TN are the 2 I know. I have bought the Hamilton ACW Nayax retrofit kits from Steve at Car Wash Services - seems to know his stuff. He was offering SS stuff too with the Nayax.

Randy

Reaction score
xcp corp and Car Wash Services out of TN are the 2 I know. I have bought the Hamilton ACW Nayax retrofit kits from Steve at Car Wash Services - seems to know his stuff. He was offering SS stuff too with the Nayax.
How much is this Nayax retrofit kit for the Hamilton ACW? How do the Nayax readers hold up to the car wash environment?

Keno

Reaction score
Would have to look back and check how much the kits were, don't recall off hand. Knock on wood, nayax have been holding up well in the washes. We have 2 on ACWs and 9 in SS bays, soon to have 12 SS bays and 2 vacs also. They have handled everything so far.