What's new
Car Wash Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BEST pay station for petit 360i

chaz

Well-known member
We are getting close to a decision on an upgrade on our Touchless. Currently running markvii gt700. We are leaning towards the petit 360i. Currently using a Goldline cashier. I’ve been happy with Hamilton equipment…..but not sure it’s the best option for an unattended wash as we want to start a membership program. What is your go to cashier…..strong tech support will be helpful.
 
They all have their pros and cons. After all our issues, I still think that Dencar has the best concept for an unattended wash with clubs. I'm not sure about the retro units though. Dencar seems slow to fix their bugs. We have an S2, and although it's their most expensive unit, it has the largest touch screen and the best cash acceptor (MEI/Crane BNR). The Eco 13 seems like a good compromise if you are okay to go down in screen size. Also, Petit and Dencar seem to be a match made in heaven.;):LOL:
 
They all have their pros and cons. After all our issues, I still think that Dencar has the best concept for an unattended wash with clubs. I'm not sure about the retro units though. Dencar seems slow to fix their bugs. We have an S2, and although it's their most expensive unit, it has the largest touch screen and the best cash acceptor (MEI/Crane BNR). The Eco 13 seems like a good compromise if you are okay to go down in screen size. Also, Petit and Dencar seem to be a match made in heaven.;):LOL:
Are u running petit. Thoughts ?
 
I have a dual Petit and Dencars. I believe I was the first to buy a Dencar and install it outside the guys that started the company. Any technological device is prone to issues. These things aren't iPhones with 100's of billions in development. I have had issues and replaced a few parts( screen, bill recycler, PC, USB hub, LPR cam - this across 4 units ) but overall I have been happy with the machines and my customers have loved them with hardly any issues with learning to use them. If and when there are troubles the tech support has always been pretty much immediate.
 
I have a dual Petit and Dencars. I believe I was the first to buy a Dencar and install it outside the guys that started the company. Any technological device is prone to issues. These things aren't iPhones with 100's of billions in development. I have had issues and replaced a few parts( screen, bill recycler, PC, USB hub, LPR cam - this across 4 units ) but overall I have been happy with the machines and my customers have loved them with hardly any issues with learning to use them. If and when there are troubles the tech support has always been pretty much immediate.
Tks. Where are your washes. What dencar unit u go with
 
I have been following Dencar from outside the system for a while since we were and are still considering them if/when we add memberships to our touchfree units. Couple things I have noticed from the outside looking in, no first hand experience though.

1. Seems like you need a rock solid internet connection at your wash - and I would have a backup connection also.
2. Seems like some distributors don't have the technical knowledge to commission these properly, which causes issues for the operator - hope this has been addressed between Dencar and their distributor network.
3. Operators love it or hate it - I've seen multiple units pulled out and replaced within months - which is concerning. I don't blame them after getting their story also, if I was having constant issues with what is the gatekeeper of my wash and can't sell washes and make money, I would also remove and replace in a heartbeat.

Nxtwash seems to be a popular and well received option as well. Can't go wrong with Hamilton, they make quality products with good support.
 
I have been following Dencar from outside the system for a while since we were and are still considering them if/when we add memberships to our touchfree units. Couple things I have noticed from the outside looking in, no first hand experience though.

1. Seems like you need a rock solid internet connection at your wash - and I would have a backup connection also.
2. Seems like some distributors don't have the technical knowledge to commission these properly, which causes issues for the operator - hope this has been addressed between Dencar and their distributor network.
3. Operators love it or hate it - I've seen multiple units pulled out and replaced within months - which is concerning. I don't blame them after getting their story also, if I was having constant issues with what is the gatekeeper of my wash and can't sell washes and make money, I would also remove and replace in a heartbeat.

Nxtwash seems to be a popular and well received option as well. Can't go wrong with Hamilton, they make quality products with good support.
We looked at Nextwash recently. I even spent an hour and a half on a Team Meet with one of their sales guys. In the end, they can't do what Dencar does currently. That is start a vac or self serve bay for a club member, and monitor the cheaters. They are supposed to have the vac/self serve relay available next year, but a Dencar VIAGUARD type of a system is but on their radar. I think they cater more to the express market and are not putting as much thought into the IBA market like Dencar does.
 
I have some inside info (I'm sure it's not really a secret now) that Dencar is getting a capital boost and is pouring that into development and tech support.
 
We looked at Nextwash recently. I even spent an hour and a half on a Team Meet with one of their sales guys. In the end, they can't do what Dencar does currently. That is start a vac or self serve bay for a club member, and monitor the cheaters. They are supposed to have the vac/self serve relay available next year, but a Dencar VIAGUARD type of a system is but on their radar. I think they cater more to the express market and are not putting as much thought into the IBA market like Dencar does.
I personally think viaguard is overhyped a little bit, it is a great concept and when it works its great. But I wouldn't base my whole decision around that one feature. Same function can be accomplished pretty easily with a camera or 2 and virtual assistant checking cars against memberships once or twice a week and sending out a canned text message to people using multiple cars on 1 membership. The vac/self serve relays IF needed would be a deciding factor - this will vary by operator, we don't plan on using them.
 
I personally think viaguard is overhyped a little bit, it is a great concept and when it works its great. But I wouldn't base my whole decision around that one feature. Same function can be accomplished pretty easily with a camera or 2 and virtual assistant checking cars against memberships once or twice a week and sending out a canned text message to people using multiple cars on 1 membership. The vac/self serve relays IF needed would be a deciding factor - this will vary by operator, we don't plan on using them.
I agree the VIA Guard is hyped up a lot but it works great for us. We had issues in the past, but it's fine now. The alternative you posted would require a lot of manual work to get it to be somewhat like the Dencar version but I still don't think it would work the same. Have you seen a full demonstration of how it works? For example, you would need to block the person's account, and then somehow allow them to add a car or pay for the cheater wash, and then unblock their account. We have found that around 50 percent cheat us. The first time they can tap "oops". The second time they must pay one way or another for them to use their account again. If LPR/car detail detection technology gets much better, then maybe a system can start a wash without issues. Like I said earlier, there are pros and cons to every system.
 
I agree the VIA Guard is hyped up a lot but it works great for us. We had issues in the past, but it's fine now. The alternative you posted would require a lot of manual work to get it to be somewhat like the Dencar version but I still don't think it would work the same. Have you seen a full demonstration of how it works? For example, you would need to block the person's account, and then somehow allow them to add a car or pay for the cheater wash, and then unblock their account. We have found that around 50 percent cheat us. The first time they can tap "oops". The second time they must pay one way or another for them to use their account again. If LPR/car detail detection technology gets much better, then maybe a system can start a wash without issues. Like I said earlier, there are pros and cons to every system.
Definitely there are pros and cons to all of the systems, and don't get me wrong, I think the concept of viaguard is great, and it probably is a great system when it works. My point was the same function can be setup on another platform if that was stopping someone from buying another brand, like you said it would be more manual work, but once a system is setup, the work can be mostly offloaded to low cost labor online.

That 50% is high on the abuse, makes me wonder how high it is without any checks and balances in place. I know some systems and sites are running IBA memberships without a system to police multiple cars using the same membership. They probably wouldn't even be aware of the amount of abuse occurring at their sites.
 
Last edited:
That 50% is high on the abuse, makes me wonder how high it is without any checks and balances in place. I know some systems and sites are running IBA memberships without a system to police multiple cars using the same membership. They probably wouldn't even be aware of the amount of abuse occurring at their sites.
I think customers think since it's app based to start the wash, they can cheat. That tells you right there how many people out there are willing to cheat a company if they think they can get away with it. Pretty sad in my opinion. Ron, one of the owners of Dencar said that our observation of the percentage of people cheating is spot on to what they see at their washes.
 
Same function can be accomplished pretty easily with a camera or 2 and virtual assistant checking cars against memberships once or twice a week and sending out a canned text message to people using multiple cars on 1 membership.

This would be a ton of work and lacks integration into the payment/wash trigger environment to limit customers further abuse or get them to add a second car.

For serious car wash owners/operators, turn key solutions exist for a reason. VIA Guard is a fine system but requires manual work to review things. I'd like Dencar to figure out some automation on that moving forward.

Regarding cheating the system. If you have 50% abuse then you need to take a look at your second vehicle pricing. If they are going to cheat, you want to get paid, even if it is less than you would like.
 
We run both Dencar pay stations and Hamilton HTKs across our sites. Honestly, Dencar’s build quality still has a long way to go.

To put it in perspective: at one location, we’ve only had to replace a touchscreen once in the six years since installing a pair of HTKs. Meanwhile, at another site where we installed a pair of Dencar ECO 10s, we’ve already gone through six touchscreens in less than a year. They just don't seem built to handle the weather well. And I assumed the latest retrofit door used the same kind of touchscreen.

As for your question about the Dencar retrofit doors: we still like them. That said, we’re a fully attended site and run a dual-lane setup, so if one goes down, the other keeps traffic moving.

I will give credit where it's due, though—Dencar’s membership model is definitely superior to Hamilton’s at this moment. But Hamilton is catching up on that.
 
Back
Top