What's new

Best New Touchless System

Etowah

Kari_L

Reaction score
The wash we bought in May is currently running two old hydrospray rainmaker systems. We have worked our asses to keep them running and it has been a difficult ride.

We are going to replace one bay with a laundromat, because the small village we are in really can't sustain two new auto washes and they are desperate for a working laundromat. We are replacing the other bay with a new touchless wash. Our business partner is set on a Laserwash.

What are everyone's thoughts on Laser vs the other options available. We are particularly looking to compare it with Razor and Petit but are open to any other good systems.

soapy

Reaction score
What company has a good distributor in your area? The key to a good touchless is the chemicals and not so much the machine. The machine provides the sizzle but you provide the steak by getting the ride chemical setup for your area and keeping it up and running. Ryko, Mark 7, laser, Wash World, Petit, Belanger are all solid choices.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can only speak for the razor because that's what I purchased from Autowash Maintenance three years ago. I really couldn't be much happier. In all that time I've had exactly one issue with photo eyes and I really don't think it was an equipment problem I think it had to do with solar glare.

like Soapy said your distributor is all important in this decision. So do your homework in that regard and that should lead you to your decision.

washnshine

Reaction score
The nice thing is that, as Soapy said, you have several really good choices for machines. Find a good distributor and chemical rep and you will be able to put out a clean car.

ShinePro

Reaction score
Wow
I m so happy to see/hear people talking chemicals instead of steel.
👍

Dont get talked into the newest (and supposedly) the latest and greatest.
chemicals are progressing faster than equipment. You don't need all the bells and whistles to put out a great car.
These guys are spot on with the importance of the distributor!

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
Ryko, Mark 7, laser, Wash World, Petit, Belanger are all solid choices.
I call BS on this. Equipment is not all the same. Certainly not as it ages.

Find a good distributor and chemical rep and you will be able to put out a clean car.
Agree, but the problem is a good distributor today might not be a good distributor tomorrow. Personnel change over fast in this industry and I have seen a lot of corners cut in the last few years by all distributors.

washnshine

Reaction score
I don’t think the point was that the equipment is the same, but rather that your results will be very similar with any of those machines, depending on your quality of chemistry. Good chemistry will yield good results and bad chemistry will yield poor results. Are there individual and unique characteristics in the machines- sure, but there has been enough experience and these machines have been around long enough for them all to have the overall reputation that they will meet a certain level of performance over time.

Regarding distributors- we do have to live in the present to some extent. If people were reluctant to purchase something based on the premise that it may no longer be available or supported in the future, there would be a lot of barriers to buy anything. Washworld was a new company not too long ago, and if people stayed away from them because they may not have lasted, then a lot of the people on this forum may not have the razors they like so much today!

M7T

Reaction score
I agree that not all brands are the same and will mostly depend of your distributor/servicer efficiency.
If you have a long bay, there is not need to restrict it to a touch-less only. A Mark VII choice wash could be a good option (once Mark VII figure out why their heater tank keeps tripping).
Other good options are PDQ and Bellanger. But, like someone says here, it depends a lot of who is going to install it and service it, sometimes a big company like NCS will not give a s#!t about your business after is installed because they have priority in big accounts.

M7T

Reaction score
I call BS on this. Equipment is not all the same. Certainly not as it ages.

Agree, but the problem is a good distributor today might not be a good distributor tomorrow. Personnel change over fast in this industry and I have seen a lot of corners cut in the last few years by all distributors.
Yeah these days is all about money, hurry up, if it holds for a month leave it like that.

water guy

Reaction score
I agree that not all brands are the same and will mostly depend of your distributor/servicer efficiency.
If you have a long bay, there is not need to restrict it to a touch-less only. A Mark VII choice wash could be a good option (once Mark VII figure out why their heater tank keeps tripping).
Other good options are PDQ and Bellanger. But, like someone says here, it depends a lot of who is going to install it and service it, sometimes a big company like NCS will not give a s#!t about your business after is installed because they have priority in big accounts.
Samething in Houston Texas with there Washworld franchise