What's new

Best Heat tape for trough!!!

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Thanks for the link and the snapshot.
I assume you've "extended" the sensor wires to achieve the 20' spacing?
And, yes...your KISS approach is great way to go, and MUCH cheaper than mine. But what fun is having a computer in the engine room without having it "All Dolled Up"? ;)

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
The sensor wires on my displays are 3 meters long and my ER is about 12' wide. The displays are about 3' from the ceiling....So the sensor probes can be 20' apart....Well maybe 18'.... :rolleyes:

You really only need one sensor and display. My floor heat loop is such that it is off centered of the ER, one bay to the right, 3 bays left. SO I wanted to see how much the loop cooled down on its way back to the ER without the heat tape on. There was no notable difference. Plus the batteries do go bad after being on 24/7/365....But never at the same time! So when one does crap out....It gives me time to replace the batteries! I never OVER-ENGINEER ANYTHING! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
If I lived further from the wash like you, it would be a no brainer! But I live 2 blocks away and my wife works 4 blocks away on the same power service. If the electric goes off, we know it right away. The KISS method works perfectly for me. I'm there at least 3 times a day, maybe more when it gets real cold....

The only issue I see with a system like that is how long can you get a usb extension cord for it to still work? Is there a limit? I've never ran into that issue. It would be nice if the sensors were wireless! If you're going to dream, Dream Big!