What's new

Best dryer system for IBAs?

Reaction score
I'm a potential investor looking to build an in bay wash with 2 Radius machines and 2 SoftGloss machines, and the dryer system I'm looking at is the ThrustPro. Anyone here have experience with those or want to share their favorite drying system?

Thomas Miller

Banned
Reaction score
He rides through car washes with his mom.
I find it beyond funny that you keep bringing this up over and over when it makes no difference as to whether or not he'll own a wash:ROFLMAO:. You keep going on and on like a broken record on this ONE thing. Didn't nearly everyone who owns a wash go through a carwash with their mom or dad AT LEAST ONCE in their childhood? lmao hop off him you keep meatriding that.

washnshine

Reaction score
My top picks for dryers are Belanger and Sonny’s.

Reaction score
So you have a site under contract?
No it’s a plot I’m looking at. I’m not very close to building yet, years away. But I’m trying to gather as much info as possible before I enter the industry.

MGSMN

Reaction score
I always liked the ThrustPro dryer. I think they give a very good dry for the HP it has. Its down side is that they do require some monthly maintenance, they can be damaged if they are backed into and some of todays trucks are so tall and square at the front that they could bump into the follower if they approach it too fast. As with all drying, chemistry is as important as HP. The Softgloss is still an excellent friction machine IMO even though its design is decades old and the Radius is a capable inverted "L" machine which requires minimal maintenance. The Radius will also be one of the more affordable touch free machines. And of course chemistry is very important in any touch free washing. You should also start thinking about if your wash will be ran on all fresh water or reclaim water. Good Luck.

Reaction score
I always liked the ThrustPro dryer. I think they give a very good dry for the HP it has. Its down side is that they do require some monthly maintenance, they can be damaged if they are backed into and some of todays trucks are so tall and square at the front that they could bump into the follower if they approach it too fast. As with all drying, chemistry is as important as HP. The Softgloss is still an excellent friction machine IMO even though its design is decades old and the Radius is a capable inverted "L" machine which requires minimal maintenance. The Radius will also be one of the more affordable touch free machines. And of course chemistry is very important in any touch free washing. You should also start thinking about if your wash will be ran on all fresh water or reclaim water. Good Luck.
Thank you so much! I’m gonna use Reclaim on my underbody wash, and possibly HP. I’m fine with maintenance, so I’ll probably use the ThrustPro.

Blanco

Reaction score
Thank you so much! I’m gonna use Reclaim on my underbody wash, and possibly HP. I’m fine with maintenance, so I’ll probably use the ThrustPro.
HP means horsepower and not high pressure. Dryers come in different horsepower's. 7.5 HP, 10 HP, and 15 HP are the typical. The more HP, the more CFM's the dryers produce. The more electricity they also use. Do not use reclaim if you don't have to. Bad idea.

Reaction score
HP means horsepower and not high pressure. Dryers come in different horsepower's. 7.5 HP, 10 HP, and 15 HP are the typical. The more HP, the more CFM's the dryers produce. The more electricity they also use. Do not use reclaim if you don't have to. Bad idea.
Good to know. I meant high pressure, but I’m sure you’re aware of that. To save money I will probably use reclaim on my underbody spray and nothing else.

Reaction score
I wouldn't count on that plot still being available years from now, nor would I expect the equipment being manufactured today to the same years from now.
Of course! I’m just planning just in case.