What's new

Best Dryer Configuration

slash007

Reaction score
I am putting in a new Razor and need to decide on the dryer setup. I have put in 3 overhead 15HP Premier dryers at another site and am not getting complaints. Issue here is that the current wiring would only support 3 - 10 HP dryers. There is a way I could probably run another electrical line, but I'm wondering if it would be worth it, or just stick with 3 10's. Also, all the dryers I have are stationary. Should I consider an oscillating dryer for the middle one? I've been reading through the forums for a couple of days and was hoping for some recent advice from anyone that has experience with either setup.

washnshine

Reaction score
I think oscillating set ups work better if the car moves at a fixed speed / like a conveyor or an onboard machine that moves at a fixed speed over the car. Letting the customer drive through is one over variable and it might not link up well with the oscillator if they go too fast. You may be able to play with the type of nozzle and blower you use to get enough power out of 3 10’s. Maybe and airblade or a V configuration on the top producer.

slash007

Reaction score
I was thinking about either 3 on top, or just one in the middle and then one on each side and use elephant trunks for similar. Any advantage to doing that over just the 3 on top?

ShinePro

Reaction score
I have Premier 3 blowers
1 center and 2 trunks
With all the new chemicals available
I would not over spend on dryers.
I m drying cars better than I ever dreamed!

ShinePro

Reaction score
They are 15’s

I inherited these dryers.
So I have never shopped for dryers
If I had to buy new ones. I d buy fans that are in a round tube like grain dryers.
Those suckers move some serious air.
My other site has fans like that
If I remember correctly
I think soonermagic put in new dryers last fall that are tube fans.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I'm sorry to write this but my premier dryers that have 3 - 15hp motors with 2 elephant ears and one center oscillating setup is weaker then my old Ryko Thrustpro setup with 4 - 7.5hp motors they produced a ton more airflow with my Ryko setup then premier has unfortunately.

slash007

Reaction score
I'm sorry to write this but my premier dryers that have 3 - 15hp motors with 2 elephant ears and one center oscillating setup is weaker then my old Ryko Thrustpro setup with 4 - 7.5hp motors they produced a ton more airflow with my Ryko setup then premier has unfortunately.
I have 2 Thrust Pro dryer sets at a wash and they are definitely much better than my site with the 3 15HP premiers. I think I'm mostly just deciding between 10 and 15HP at this point. then do I put them in a row or one in the middle and use elephant ears.

traveler17

Reaction score
If you’re not getting complaints I wouldn’t sweat it. I have 3 setups with 3 overhead on each. I’ve never heard one complaint. Cars are clean. I will say if/when I do next set I will probably lean towards the elephant trunks on side and one on top for my own picky reasons

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
Didn't Premier just come out with a new design?
Does the new design actually dry cars?

I am putting in a new Razor and need to decide on the dryer setup. I have put in 3 overhead 15HP Premier dryers at another site and am not getting complaints. Issue here is that the current wiring would only support 3 - 10 HP dryers. There is a way I could probably run another electrical line, but I'm wondering if it would be worth it, or just stick with 3 10's. Also, all the dryers I have are stationary. Should I consider an oscillating dryer for the middle one? I've been reading through the forums for a couple of days and was hoping for some recent advice from anyone that has experience with either setup.
You get what you pay for with dryers. Disappointment guaranteed with a 3 - 10hp Premier setup.

Highly recommend Belanger or Ryko.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score

I have the Thrust Pros too. It's not really a fair comparison because as you know, that center trunk comes down and hovers over the vehicle about one to 2 inches.

With that said I'm still running mine and it's hard to spend $60-$90,000 on a new dryer set up which will perform worse

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Does the new design actually dry cars?

You get what you pay for with dryers. Disappointment guaranteed with a 3 - 10hp Premier setup.

Highly recommend Belanger or Ryko.
Can't stress this enough. Belanger Air cannons are crazy expensive but 3-10HP air cannons outperform 4-10hp premiers with elephant trunk nozzles at my site. But I got a bid on a new set and it was steep:. 35K Installed at retail IIRC, and that did not include a starter box.

I do not understand the love for premier dryers on facebook groups. I have had Belanger, Sonny's, Mcneil, International, and premier, and premier is in last place for performance.

Last edited:

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
I do not understand the love for premier dryers on facebook groups.
Most people do not have enough experience with other dryer setups so they just don't know any better. Once they see the price they are sold on the cheaper options. I am sure equipment sales people are half the problem.

At the end of the day Premier is half the cost of the competition...for half the output

slash007

Reaction score
My issue is that I don't think my distributer sells Belanger, but I can check. I'm putting them in along with a new Razor, so want to use the same person for everything.