What's new

Best concrete fasteners

David Rolf

Reaction score
So I'm upgrading my bay wash mat station and need some advice. Installing new mat holders and want to use a fastener that will not get loose or fail over time. What are the best to use in this application? Thanks

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
IF the anchor goes into solid concrete or brick (no voids), I'd suggest these Nail In anchors with appropriate flat washers.

Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware sell them, too.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I had mixed results with red head wedge anchors until I learned that both wedge and sleeve anchors have torque specs and that I was over tightening them. Once I quit over tightening them they seem to work much better.

I've actually used #14 stainless steel screws with a 5/16" plastic anchors for a lot of bay hardware and have had pretty good luck with things holding.

Last edited:

David Rolf

Reaction score
IF the anchor goes into solid concrete or brick (no voids), I'd suggest these Nail In anchors with appropriate flat washers.

Home Depot, Lowes, Ace Hardware sell them, too.
Thank you, I see the largest diameter for that anchor is 1/4. I suspect that is why you said to use a washer. The slots in the mat holder are 3/8.

Mattwash

Reaction score
I just use any anchor bolts or bolt with no head, then place quickrete adhesive in the hole. This stuff is uber strong.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We are lucky to have 2 places here locally ... Fastenal & an up & coming competitor of Fastenal. They can sometimes meet& even exceed our criteria ... including stainless steel ready rod etc!

David Rolf

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the great suggestions. I went with Tapcons using the epoxy. They should hold up. Thanks

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
We also have some specialty suppliers locally who focus mainly on supplying everything related to concrete finishing. I have found them to have some combo epoxy-anchor processes that we have used successfully in the past to anchor our larger washing machines in concrete at our laundromat.