What's new

Best combo vac/shampooer?

slash007

Reaction score
I finally spent some time on the machine today and was able to get everything working. It turned out the solenoid coils were all fine. All three of the solenoids were stuck open. I took each one apart and cleaned it using water, a file and a screwdriver. Not the best way, but it was all I had and it worked. Then two of my lines were stopped up, so I hooked them up to the compressor and got them open. Tested all 3 and they function as they should. I appreciate all of the help and suggestions, it really made figuring out the problem much easier as it was the first time I have worked on this type vac.

Thanks.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
If you have not done so already I would run hot but not boiling water thru all the hoses a few times to remove residue.

pgrzes

Reaction score
I only use Fragramatics brand oil-based fragrances and never have issues with gummed up lines or solenoids.
The reason I would RECOMMEND using Methanol, is it will clean out and dry the lines whether or not you are/were using an oil or water based fragrance!! Methanol is not good for long term use for any plastics or seals as we all know, but as a clean up it works very well. if the machine has been using oil based fragrance, IMO I dont feel flushing water through the system is a good option, how will you get ALL the water out before replacing with your new oil fragrance? Just my opinion!!!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
FWIW I use water based Nu Scents concentrates. Starting October 1 of each year I use Windshield Washer anti freeze instead of water to dilute it. So, no issues with oil based fragrance for me:)