What's new

Best American Flag

soonermajic

Reaction score
What's yalls suggestions on a really good American Flag, that won't tatter very quick, on the pole?
Mine tatter in a matter of weeks!!

Allen

Reaction score
I have always been very satisfied with the flags from Advertising Flag Company - Flagpro. They hold up for a long time.
I use 2'x3' yellow flags on top of car wash bay walls. Tried another company once and they were in tatters in no time.

WBNTEXAS

Reaction score
I also have plans for hanging flags, country, state and city. My challenge is wiring in lights, the code for displaying the American Flag is if flown 24/7 it should have light illuminating it.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Just a heads up. Make sure the pole setup also is not too flimsy. I have seen a few residences & even businesses go the cheap route for that & regretted it because of eventual high winds or whatever. A solar-Li-ion batt spotlight mounted properly also is a good idea IMHO.

soonermajic

Reaction score
My pole is stout, & is about 25'. Any other good AMERICAN flag company besides cavalry flags?
They may be good, but only offer one, of the 8x5.
If no others, Im going to try them.
Appreciate yalls advice

chaz

Reaction score
I use POLY (not nylon) they last longer. I also order flags a bit longer than standard size so I can trim and re-hem a couple times. Buy US made!

WBNTEXAS

Reaction score
Thanks MJ. Is that the manufacturer of or the style of light?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
It is the specification. It seems it is the same as Lithium. Nickel-Cadmium are cheaper but tend to be a pain when it comes to ongoing maintenance etc. They are coming out with Zinc something or other that is supposed to be better than Lithium ... not sure if they are available at a decent price for the public yet though???

OurTown

Reaction score
I didn't see anyone say but how long are your flags lasting? It seems like I could get a year before but lately it has been less than six months. I can't remember what brand it was I bought last time but I do remember it was for high winds and now five months it is starting to tatter. This time I bought an Annin Tough-Tex polyester and will see how it goes. Do I have unrealistic expectations for flag life?

chaz

Reaction score
I didn't see anyone say but how long are your flags lasting? It seems like I could get a year before but lately it has been less than six months. I can't remember what brand it was I bought last time but I do remember it was for high winds and now five months it is starting to tatter. This time I bought an Annin Tough-Tex polyester and will see how it goes. Do I have unrealistic expectations for flag life?
life is gonna be greatly affected by wind. I have found that a poly flag lasts longer. Also....I buy extra long flags and begin by having the “loose” end double hemmed and reinforced. As soon a see a sign of tears....I have an inch or two cut off and rehemmed. Typically I do that twice and average a year plus before I want the clean look of an unfaded flag.