What's new

Best Air Pump???

diycarwash

Reaction score
Which Air pump puts out the most pressure in the bay? I have a Dilling Harris System with Graco Husky 307 pumps for Tire, Pre Soak, Foam Brush, Wax. I am wanting more pressure on the Pre Soak and Wax. I heard Flo Jet has a dual pump that is pretty good, anyone using it? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

bigleo48

Reaction score
I have dual flojets for my low pressure options and a few other things and have found them to be reliable.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I use all flojets with viton seals for air pumps and run them at 100psi. I just purchased their dual air pump, G57 I think, but haven't put it into service yet. It doesn't look anything different than two single air pumps tied together. So I'm not sure I'll get more umpf out of it, probably just enjoy the redundancy in case one blows. (no pun intended)

Randy

Reaction score
The only thing you’re going to achieve by going to a Dual Flo-jet pump is more volume or GPM's. The pressure rating is the same as a single flo-jet. If you want more pressure go to a electric Procon pump controlled by a IDX MX-8 controller. I run all of my low pressure systems at 175 psi. I only have 1 Flo-jet pump and that’s on the Foam brush system.

bigleo48

Reaction score
BigLeo,
How is the pressure of the dual flojet compared to the single flojet?
Thanks
First I believe the reason for two flojets was because the manufacturer thought that only one could stick and the second would open it it.

At higher pressure, you don't notice one pump (aside from less GPM). At lower air pressure (like 30lbs or lower) you feel it pulsing.

Hope that helps...Big

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
FWIW I have heard that if you have the "Dual Flo Jet " and one goes bad it does not work at all. The G57 Pump specs out at 7gpm max. I think all pump specs are basicaly with no restrictions and a very short run. Still most wand tips are 05 or less so even if 4 bays all had the same product at the same time you would be at 2GPM. Still I have heard a reccomendation that 4 bays should be the max for a flo jet.

I have been switching from Yamadas with 15 GPM spec in my 8 bay which is set up with 2 banks of 4 solenoids for each product tied together with a nipple. It was easy to simply split the pump supply in 2 for 2 flo jets (still way cheaper than one Yamada) and seperate the banks with a seprate pump feeding each.

Now, the pre soak and tire Cleaner are "Air Assist" This means that at the manifold above the boom there is a seperate air line with a check valve running back to a solenoid in the equip room. The solenoid bank is the same type as for the product. When someone chooses pre soak or tire cleaner, that solenoid is tied to the air solenoid as well, so you get the liquid assisted by the air. Liquid runs from 60 psi to the flo jet and air is at 20 psi. Gives the appearance of much more pressure.

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
I believe that Earl is correct, that if one of the dual pumps fail, the other will not work..... If you think about it, we use solenoids to deadhead the flojet in a lot of aplications, and would the bad pump not just deadhead the good pump????

Usually, when people use the dual pumps, they are looking for the increase in GPM.

MEP001

Reaction score
From what I can see from the parts blowup, the dual Flojet is just two pumps on a common manifold. It makes sense that if one stalls the other will still work, but if one tears a diaphragm they'll probably both quit.