What's new

best 2pass chemical

ram56

Reaction score
who can tell me which brand of chemicals work the best on a rollover 2pass system (hi ph low ph) i presently use blue coral but price keeps going up is it the best , that is want my equipment company is telling me or is there others that would be just as good . dont like to play around with switching chemicals but if there is something better and more cost effective i would like to know. i know they all will tell u there"s is the best (chemical company) thank you all.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I have used Blendco (high PH only) with good results. I have left them a few times but always seem to come back. They are not cheap though.

kempape

Reaction score
I am very pleased with JBS fonic wash citrus ( low ph) followed by aquamatrix ( also by JBS) . These products are tailored more for hard water .The wash quality was OK but my OCD kicked in and i bought a water softener AND increased soaking time ( to 30 sec).The wash quality improved then impoved significantly. .I am currently operating 2 washworld touchless autos with this stepup . Im not sure if the water softener or the dwell time had the biggest impact in improving wash quality . Imho fees for these presoaks are reasonable. I have no financial connection with jbs other than being a paying customer .

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm surprised you use a dwell that long.

I think at 30 seconds most of my customers would be honking the horn or pulling out of the bay, thinking the equipment had malfunctioned.

I have been using a powdered presoak with good results. I run 2 passes of high ph with 10 sec. dwell between the 2.

mac

Reaction score
You might also try Armor All's Heavy Duty Alkaline Presoak. I've had great results with it. I can use a dual injector and mix it with their alkalinr booster, and then eliminate the acid presoak. Down here in FL they have a try it before you buy it program, and can even throw in free signage. Yes i sell it, but I do so because it works.

bighead

Reaction score
I don't use them, but a lot of people on here like Warsaw chemical for their bang/buck.

They are in Indiana too, so you might be able to save more on shipping.

termn8tr

Reaction score
Blue Demon by Stone Soap Co. Located in Michigan. We apply a one pass approx 4-6 oz. per vehicle. dwell time 45 secs. Cleans paint, windows and chrome extremely well.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
are you counting the application time as dwell time or is dwell (soak) started after the presoak is full applied to entire car?

kempape

Reaction score
yes , i use a long dwell time but since we installed a vendor ( thanks jim holve!) just in front of autocashier that dispenses wet wipes ( and other detailing products/ coupons) most customers are cleaning inside of their car during wash . the product is dispensed when wash is initiated.--[signal from goldline to modified Shurvend vendor-/- jim and i worked together to create this unique item]---anyway, we dispense different products depending on the wash package }. It helps that we have 2 autos side by side. ~~~

briteauto

Reaction score
Blue Demon by Stone Soap Co. Located in Michigan. We apply a one pass approx 4-6 oz. per vehicle. dwell time 45 secs. Cleans paint, windows and chrome extremely well.
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but what other Stone Soap products are you using, and do you like them?

briteauto

Reaction score
Beauty Glo rinse aid for drying agent, Golden Glo Clearcoat Sealer, and Rainbow Multi Foam Detergent for triple foam.
Products are EXCELLENT!!
Thanks - I appreciate it.

Can the Golden Glo Sealer bead enough to act as a drying agent if I can only use one product?