What's new

Best 1/4" tubing for bays

Clintearl

Reaction score
Currently have poly tubing carrying the chemicals to each bay. They have seem to gotten dryed out and cracking from the heat of roof . Would nylon poly tubing be a better product or stick with the polyethelene tubing? My car wash is about 5 years old.

Randy

Reaction score
Is your tubing covered on the roof or is it exposed to the elements? Polyethylene tubing that exposed to the suns UV rays will get brittle and crack /break in no time. You want to use nylon tubing if it exposed to the sun. The very best tubing to use would be Stainless Steel tubing

Clintearl

Reaction score
The tubing is not exposed to the sun, it is just under the metal roof. It gets really hot.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
http://mdmetric.com/prod/mazzer/nylontubing.html

This is the "good stuff". Heat won't make it deteriorate, and it will expand with no harm if the fluid in it freezes. Its working pressure is 250 PSI; polyethylene is only 100.
Mep,

Does this "good stuff" seal on a hose barb better than the lesser tubing??? In our petwash it is critical to get a really tight seal on all the tubing so that chemical draw is not ever interrupted.

MJ

MEP001

Reaction score
Nylon tubing isn't used with hose barbs.

mac

Reaction score
One thing I found with tubing, being in warm Florida, is what color is it? Do not use anything but black colored tubing. Even when not directly exposed to the sun the colored lines will rot out in a few years.

MEP001

Reaction score
Nylon tubing doesn't "rot" from heat.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
All plastics change, some UV damage, so just age. Black color resist UV the best. I have no idea why, but a wizard friend of mine tested this.