What's new

Belanger tech support

BBE

Reaction score
I've got durashiner that apparently has a PLC that needs to be replaced. Belanger wants 900 dollars for a new PLC. I can get the same PLC off of ebay for 65 bucks...but it doesn't have the durashiner program on it of course :) Has anyone had any luck with Belanger or other manufacturers willing to upload their program onto a plc for you for a fee? Or has anyone used something like GX developer to download a PLC's program and reupload onto a new one? I imagine the program is password protected...

It's just insane how much they charge for the PLC because of a program they upload onto it.

mac

Reaction score
Welcome to car washing.

TEEBOX

Reaction score
Sorry, what is a PLC?

Also, I'm looking into a Belanger Durashiner for the spring along with others. How do you like that unit? What is your pro's and con's about it?

Any help is appreciated!

BBE

Reaction score
I was actually able to talk them into loading the program onto an used plc if I could locate...which I did, the one on ebay for 65 bucks. Still going to cost $250 for them to load the program onto it, plus the shipping back and forth, however it's definitely less than 900 something dollars for a new one directly from them :)

I haven't had the durashiner long enough to comment on how I like it yet. No tire shine machine is perfect, they all have their pros/cons. Chemical usage is very good, I will say that however.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
I haven't had the durashiner long enough to comment on how I like it yet.

Should this part not have been under warranty? Just curious by your comment above, I don't know their warranty policy, but I would think at the very least, it would be 6 months.

BBE

Reaction score
I haven't had the durashiner long enough to comment on how I like it yet.

Should this part not have been under warranty? Just curious by your comment above, I don't know their warranty policy, but I would think at the very least, it would be 6 months.
I bought it used

JimmyJaffa

Reaction score
You might want to see if you can eliminated the PLC and use 2 or 3 functions from your controller. Car wash manufactures design their equipment to work in "all" environments. We have in the past been successful in deleting them for our wash. So the question is whats in you controller?