What's new

Belanger Saber Not Returning "Home"

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
We have a Belanger Saber. It was the first one installed back in 2010. A year ago we started having a problem where the red light stayed on after a wash. Therefore not loading the next wash and taking the next persons money in line. It is very random. We may wash 10 cars or 50 and experience the problem. On some days it does it after every car. If it red lights in the morning then we lose all days business until I show up to clean at night. Now that we are using garage doors again the issues can also cause the customer to get stuck in the wash! Belanger has been no help and our customers are getting very frustrated!
Recently we have started resetting carriage limit and then doing find carriage limit this helps for about 75-100 cars and then we are back in the same boat.
We have replaced sensors on encoder and exit prox. We have ground rust off encoder wheel and try place a piece of metal so the machine would have more of a range to hit exit prox, all suggested by Belanger. Now the only other thing Belanger has suggested is to replacement drive wheels for $700x4?!?! They said maybe some have worn more than other overtime, thus casing the carriage to travel different distances.
My excellent and knowledgeable car wash tech and the guy who installed the wash have no idea what's causing the problem either. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. -Dakota

MEP001

Reaction score
What sort of error is it showing?

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
There is no error on the touch screen. To reset we have to push the e stop or press go home. The exit prox just isn't lit on monitoring inputs bc the carriage isn't it the correct home positon.

semocarwasher

Reaction score
If you think you are having encoder issues my experience has been that it typically is a bearing causing the issue and not the encoder. Not familiar with the saber but on the 2 arm Kondor we were having jam issues. Turned out to be bearing on the arm shaft was worn out. On the Kondor it has a bearing on top and bottom of frame where the shaft goes through. I assume the saber does as well. We kept thinking encoder prox, etc. but that was all replaced.

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
Belanger saw this post and decided to help:)))
We had old plc software. They sent us and upgrade and are now having no errors. Thanks Chris Moskal!