What's new

Belanger QuickFire Wraparounds

Etowah

TEEBOX

Reaction score
All,

Any operators currently using the Belanger QuickFire Wraparounds?

How are they in cleaning fronts and backs?

Planning on adding second set of wraps with current skunk stripper wraparound from Hanna.

Thanks!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Don'rt have them, wouldn't get them, way to complicated for me. Have you considered Sonny's or AVW?

TEEBOX

Reaction score
Earl,

When you say,"complicated" is is because they are electrical instead of hydraulic? Also, I have been looking a AVW and I like what I see. I am still doing my due diligence.

washnshine

Reaction score
Some wraps operate on gravity alone. Others have some air operated "pivot point" or telescoping action that is engaged after the wrap is pushed out of the way. This allows it to return to its original position as the wrap closes on the back of the car and follow the back more closely. The brush will continue to remain closer to the back of the car even though the car is moving away from the brush as it closes.

Gravity alone is more simple, but can be more susceptible to striping. Flexible couplings can help because they can push somewhat into the back with a second motion as the brush closes. One of the best, and complicated, wrap designs I have seen is MacNeil. They do a great job with the backs, but there are a lot of moving parts and a lot going on when they move around a car.

LuvAWash

Reaction score
I have a set of quickfires in a Spinlite tunnel that I am about to open. This is my first tunnel. I don’t find them complicated. I think they do a great job washing as long as you have them set right much like the MacNeil wraps. Belanger’s manual breaks down how to fine tune these.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Earl,

When you say,"complicated" is is because they are electrical instead of hydraulic? Also, I have been looking a AVW and I like what I see. I am still doing my due diligence.
I had the previous incarnation. Worked great so long as you pay a lot of attention to them. The last set I saw at a show may or may not have been refined by now but they had air controls and adjustments, perhaps air over oil controls that governed retraction and extension. These required adjustments based on wear and temperature. Before I answered this I looked at the Belanger sight and video. See how the wraps bang into the end as they travel forward. Multiply that by a few hundred thousand. But they need to move fast to follow at speed. To lessen the impact and to get it to initially walk back quicker I used bungee cords. These took the shock as they reached max length before impact. They also helped the initial retraction. I had since at other locations gone to AVW and Sonny's and had at that location installed a second Set of AVWs. I now have replaced the belanger's with AVWs. IMO the pendulum style are just so much simpler. I do not have retracts so there are no air controls or cylinders. Just shocks and the angle / weight of the unit make it follow.

TEEBOX

Reaction score
I had the previous incarnation. Worked great so long as you pay a lot of attention to them. The last set I saw at a show may or may not have been refined by now but they had air controls and adjustments, perhaps air over oil controls that governed retraction and extension. These required adjustments based on wear and temperature. Before I answered this I looked at the Belanger sight and video. See how the wraps bang into the end as they travel forward. Multiply that by a few hundred thousand. But they need to move fast to follow at speed. To lessen the impact and to get it to initially walk back quicker I used bungee cords. These took the shock as they reached max length before impact. They also helped the initial retraction. I had since at other locations gone to AVW and Sonny's and had at that location installed a second Set of AVWs. I now have replaced the belanger's with AVWs. IMO the pendulum style are just so much simpler. I do not have retracts so there are no air controls or cylinders. Just shocks and the angle / weight of the unit make it follow.
I sooke with AVW and the sales guy said that if I get the free standing wraparounds then I should also include an air cylinder and stabilizer kit too.

Why?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I sooke with AVW and the sales guy said that if I get the free standing wraparounds then I should also include an air cylinder and stabilizer kit too.

Why?
You will have to ask him. Are the air cylinders for retract? Is the Stabilizer kit for a shock that runs from the horizontal arm to the vertical arm to minimize swing? (if that is what it is i do not have them and don't want them. Had them on my sonny's and IMO the brush if not rotating will tend to climb on top of the car as opposed to swing out of the way but no system is foolproof for that.

iwashcars

Reaction score
I have two sets of quick fires in two different locations for about 5 years now. There is nothing that cleans the fronts, sides and backs of the cars better in my opinion. That being said they do require a lot of attention. I would not say that they are complicated, there are a few key adjustments that have to be monitored regularly. If your not the hands on type or are looking for a set it and forget it type of machine than these definitaley are not for you. But then again I don't know of any wrap that is like that and cleans well. Comparativaly I've had the Belanger Gyro wraps in two other locations years ago and these are basically just glorified van high side washers. Maybe at a very slow chain speed in a small tunnel they would suffice but not if you are doing any kind of volume. The quick fires will follow the backs of the cars for about 8-10 feet as cleaning the back of the car over and over until the brush reaches the end of the boom. As you speed the chain up you turn the air pressure up slightly on the main cylinder so it keeps up with the car. They do break some rear wipers from time to time on certain cars like Ford Explorers but as long as you are using enough soap to lubricate the foam this really shouldn't happen.

TEEBOX

Reaction score
I have two sets of quick fires in two different locations for about 5 years now. There is nothing that cleans the fronts, sides and backs of the cars better in my opinion. That being said they do require a lot of attention. I would not say that they are complicated, there are a few key adjustments that have to be monitored regularly. If your not the hands on type or are looking for a set it and forget it type of machine than these definitaley are not for you. But then again I don't know of any wrap that is like that and cleans well. Comparativaly I've had the Belanger Gyro wraps in two other locations years ago and these are basically just glorified van high side washers. Maybe at a very slow chain speed in a small tunnel they would suffice but not if you are doing any kind of volume. The quick fires will follow the backs of the cars for about 8-10 feet as cleaning the back of the car over and over until the brush reaches the end of the boom. As you speed the chain up you turn the air pressure up slightly on the main cylinder so it keeps up with the car. They do break some rear wipers from time to time on certain cars like Ford Explorers but as long as you are using enough soap to lubricate the foam this really shouldn't happen.
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I have decided to get the quickfires.

Out of curiousity, do they help eliminate the prepping front grill as well as backs for your wash?

These will be in addtional to my current wraparounds. They leave a skunk stripe and the grills are always dirty. I'm Trying to eliminate prepping.

iwashcars

Reaction score
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I have decided to get the quickfires.

Out of curiousity, do they help eliminate the prepping front grill as well as backs for your wash?

These will be in addtional to my current wraparounds. They leave a skunk stripe and the grills are always dirty. I'm Trying to eliminate prepping.
They do not leave a skunk stripe/ The wraps overlap where each wrap goes about 3/4 of the way down the front and 3/4 of the way down the back. We have a push off function on our controller that activates right around the front license plate. It pushes the wrap away from the car just slightly for a very short amount of time. Just enough time so that it doesn't rip off or bend the front license plate. Hope this helps.

hkim310

Reaction score
I found that car wash Facebook group because of the URL that you left Earl.......thanks!

TEEBOX

Reaction score
Just installed the Quickfire and Durablasters from Belanger. I'am amazed with the cleaning capabilites with this purchase. I'll keep you posted.