What's new

Belanger quickfire wrap not following

madstack

Reaction score
My passenger side wrap doesn't follow the vehicle anymore. It comes down the vehicle perfectly but as it rounds the corner to the back of the vehicle, it goes forward about an inch and seem to get caught. Raising the head pressure worked earlier in the week but the problem returned yesterday. Drivers side pressure is around 40 lb and I had the passenger at around 70 and it still wasn't following. Also the top end of the wrap tips toward the vehicle at the higher pressure especially the rear wheel well of pickups. Is it a bad idea to keep the head pressure at this level? What else should I be looking at ?

washnshine

Reaction score
My passenger side wrap doesn't follow the vehicle anymore. It comes down the vehicle perfectly but as it rounds the corner to the back of the vehicle, it goes forward about an inch and seem to get caught. Raising the head pressure worked earlier in the week but the problem returned yesterday. Drivers side pressure is around 40 lb and I had the passenger at around 70 and it still wasn't following. Also the top end of the wrap tips toward the vehicle at the higher pressure especially the rear wheel well of pickups. Is it a bad idea to keep the head pressure at this level? What else should I be looking at ?
I don’t have Quickfires, but keeping the pressure that much higher than normal could make it tougher on side view mirrors, exert too much pressure when it travels down the side and grab too deep into larger wheel well openings. I’d be careful of that. I know you are doing it to follow on the back, but there has to be some other problem other than your air pressure.

SDaWG11

Reaction score
Does the wrap properly hit the front of the vehicle first before swinging out then coming back down the rail? I’ve noticed that my Quickfire wraps only properly follow after correctly hitting the front.

if the above doesn’t apply, have you checked the arm that triggers the switch on the head to make sure it’s hitting the trigger at the correct moment? I have had the arm knocked out of place requiring proper adjustment.

when you stand under the quick fire head and manually trigger the wrap extension, describe how it’s motion compared to the driver side. Also are the rails that the wrap slides out and in on clean?

do you hear any leaking from the air cylinder piston that slides in and out of the head when the arm is in a static waiting position or when you manually trigger the wrap extension?

just trying to help rule out different Things.

madstack

Reaction score
You are correct, SDaWG11. The arm that triggers the wrap extension switch was just on the cusp of making the switch. Probably was working its way out of adjustment earlier in the week. I figured it out a couple of days ago when I had a chance to work the wrap thru the motions by hand. When my eyes locked on the switch, I realized we had this problem 2 or 3 years ago and had to replace the arm. I was able to turn the arm to the proper spot and it's been fine ever since. I'm glad someone else has the quickfires. They used to be a mystery but I think I'm figuring them out. They're a godsend for me since 2014 since I went "no prep". And I've got the head pressure down to 50 lbs. I haven't had an issue with them not hitting the front properly.

Thanks alot, Madstack

SDaWG11

Reaction score
When they are dialed in, the quickfires are solid. I've noticed when one component goes out or starts acting up, it can cause so many problems with other aspects of those quickfire wraps. I've got a small oil leak in the air/oil system that keeps changing the arm swing pressure on me so I'm constantly fiddling with one of the wraps to keep timing correct.