What's new

Belanger Pulsafeeder Delete

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone out there hates having raw chemicals pumped directly with pumps... It seems to always make a mess, something always leaks, its a pain when chemical runs out, etc. Today, I retrofitted a Saber to downstream injection and deleted all of the chemical pumps. It was a few hours work but it works great. Costed less than one large pump from Belanger. I will post parts and details if anyone is interested...

MEP001

Reaction score
I've been thinking about doing just that. I've been wanting to try a different presoak on the Vector, but since it's a powder mixed in water it's too diluted for the dose pumps.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
That is one of the reasons we did it also. You won't have a problem with this set up. To save you some guess and check time: for each of the presoak use a green colored Hydraflex (.125 orifice). If you have a regular Vector, you will need .083 injectors for each triple foam. (The saber needs .057 since the triple foam pods are halved). Each of the waxes work best with a Dema 204C injector with #15 nozzle bushing. You have to unwire the presoak water solenoid. Next you have to add a new 110V 1/2" solenoid to the manifold. Next, cut the QC connectors for each presoak pump on the SDM and Wire one to the old presoak water valve. The other one wires to the new solenoid (in other words, use the old pump outputs to drive each presoak solenoid). By the way color code on wiring is blk 110+, blue 110N, brown ground. Now just run a new hose from the new solenoid and connect at the manifold. Install the injectors just after the solenoids. Oh, also I deleted the fixed pressure pop-off valve and installed a 0-300 psi regulator that would allow me to set the manifold pressure and bypass excess back to the tank. I've done this on a regular vector and its been running problem free since 2010... Note, if your planning on using a powder, use a dual injector. You can can use the second port to get a little more volume than one hose will allow, or you can add a booster or something on the second port, or plug it off. When you set pump speeds: Presoaks about 13, Triple foam about 11, Waxes about 24 worked best for me. Adjust air according to preference.

ColoradoWash

Reaction score
That is one of the reasons we did it also. You won't have a problem with this set up. To save you some guess and check time: for each of the presoak use a green colored Hydraflex (.125 orifice). If you have a regular Vector, you will need .083 injectors for each triple foam. (The saber needs .057 since the triple foam pods are halved). Each of the waxes work best with a Dema 204C injector with #15 nozzle bushing. You have to unwire the presoak water solenoid. Next you have to add a new 110V 1/2" solenoid to the manifold. Next, cut the QC connectors for each presoak pump on the SDM and Wire one to the old presoak water valve. The other one wires to the new solenoid (in other words, use the old pump outputs to drive each presoak solenoid). By the way color code on wiring is blk 110+, blue 110N, brown ground. Now just run a new hose from the new solenoid and connect at the manifold. Install the injectors just after the solenoids. Oh, also I deleted the fixed pressure pop-off valve and installed a 0-300 psi regulator that would allow me to set the manifold pressure and bypass excess back to the tank. I've done this on a regular vector and its been running problem free since 2010... Note, if your planning on using a powder, use a dual injector. You can can use the second port to get a little more volume than one hose will allow, or you can add a booster or something on the second port, or plug it off. When you set pump speeds: Presoaks about 13, Triple foam about 11, Waxes about 24 worked best for me. Adjust air according to preference.
First off, This is some awesome info. thank you for sharing. Im currently doing this retrofit. I have a few questions for you. 1) What did you do with the power wire to the High/Low PH Solenoid. What did you do with the power wire to the main Wax Solenoid? Am I able to simply cut them and deadhead them? Ive added a 110v Solenoid to replace each Pulsafeeder Pump for the High and Low PH. And added a Solenoid to replace each wax Pulsafeeder pump. As far as I can tell I'm almost done. Just those last couple 110v leads to deal with.