What's new

Belanger - Freestyler REar windshield wipers

jsoriano

Reaction score
Hi,

I know as a fact that brush machines can tear down rear windshield wipers once in a while. We have been dealing with one or two per month last couple of years. We have signs saying we are not responsable for wipers, so customer understand.

The last couple of weeks the problem is getting worst, to the point that on monday found 3 broken inside bay, two of those whole arm. Tuesday was even more, four with only 30 washes, and three of them the whole arm assembly again.

Any idea what could be? We do a PM every month and all sensors were working ok. Gears looks ok too

Thanks

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Sounds like it's set way too aggressive. I've got a Mark VII with about 18K washes and don't think I've broken a single one. What is your wash material? Mine is closed cell foam.

OurTown

Reaction score
Hi,

I know as a fact that brush machines can tear down rear windshield wipers once in a while. We have been dealing with one or two per month last couple of years. We have signs saying we are not responsable for wipers, so customer understand.

The last couple of weeks the problem is getting worst, to the point that on monday found 3 broken inside bay, two of those whole arm. Tuesday was even more, four with only 30 washes, and three of them the whole arm assembly again.

Any idea what could be? We do a PM every month and all sensors were working ok. Gears looks ok too

Thanks

Does Belanger have any ideas?

jsoriano

Reaction score
Does Belanger have any ideas?
My service company said could be a sensor, they will come again tomorrow to check everything again. A placed a SC three days ago and still havent come. Think I will start looking for a new distributor that can provide service/parts.

DakotaHoskins

Reaction score
I would turn down the high pressure air some. It’s in the drivers side pod. Also, be sure reed switches are working correctly when arms are in and out. You can do this from the monitor inputs screen on the e1063. We have never broken a rear wiper with our freestyler.

If your having sonar issues it could be pulling the arms to far into the back of the car when it’s cleaning the back.

jsoriano

Reaction score
I would turn down the high pressure air some. It’s in the drivers side pod. Also, be sure reed switches are working correctly when arms are in and out. You can do this from the monitor inputs screen on the e1063. We have never broken a rear wiper with our freestyler.

If your having sonar issues it could be pulling the arms to far into the back of the car when it’s cleaning the back.
Hi, the problem is caused by top wheel, when it comes down on SUV's.

jsoriano

Reaction score
Well in that case disregard everything I said. Maybe the top wheel is pushing down to hard. We had to add counter weight when we installed our machine.
When machine was installed came with four counter weight, two in each side. That was about 6 years ago, after six months tech removed one in each side and have been working fine until this problem started.

Etowah

DavidM

Reaction score
How old is the foam? In our tunnel, as the foam wears out it starts holding water which makes the top brush heavier. I don't have experience with the freestyler so I am just guessing.

soonermajic

Reaction score
How old is the foam? In our tunnel, as the foam wears out it starts holding water which makes the top brush heavier. I don't have experience with the freestyler so I am just guessing.
Never heard that, but makes total sense

washnshine

Reaction score
Watch the brush when it is lowered. If it lowers fast and stays in the descended position without any waver, your weight is not balanced enough. It should look like it is floating down and almost have a slight soft bounce when reaching the descended position. Think of it like a sea-saw with equal weight on each side.