What's new

Been searching but no luck

Reaction score
Ok so I’m at the point in my remodel where I need to make a decision about adding crypto pay. The question I have is can I use what I currently have to use coins and count up crypto pay? I would really like a digital display also. What would be my best game plan going forward? Attached are the photos are what I have to work with.

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
I had these custom-made:

Cryptodoor.jpg

It's a standard Weben door which will directly replace yours. It's basically a mix of two standard patters that are made by Dralco, the rotary switch and timer position are from one door and I had them move the coin acceptor over in the same spot as another door that has the Dixmor on the right, then had them make the mount point for the Cryptopay to the right. It leaves plenty of room top and bottom to swipe the card and still plenty of room to use the coin slot. The door opens fully with most boxes, but the one pictured has the doors inset a bit deeper so the card reader hits with the door open 90 degrees. It's still plenty to access everything with no issue. I can get more but the minimum order is 15, otherwise they're close to $150 each.

Reaction score
I had these custom-made:

View attachment 827

It's a standard Weben door which will directly replace yours. It's basically a mix of two standard patters that are made by Dralco, the rotary switch and timer position are from one door and I had them move the coin acceptor over in the same spot as another door that has the Dixmor on the right, then had them make the mount point for the Cryptopay to the right. It leaves plenty of room top and bottom to swipe the card and still plenty of room to use the coin slot. The door opens fully with most boxes, but the one pictured has the doors inset a bit deeper so the card reader hits with the door open 90 degrees. It's still plenty to access everything with no issue. I can get more but the minimum order is 15, otherwise they're close to $150 each.
MEP do you happen to have a picture of the inside?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Seems like another option would be to geta SS plate to bolt to the top of the door so you could move the selector switch over and make a cutout for the LED 7. But, where is your timer now? Double check to make sure box is deep enough for the LED 7 and wire harness.

Etowah
Reaction score
I got ahold of Doug over at Ginsan and have been working with him for a month or so and my doors finally shipped. This is what we came up with. I’m pretty excited. Had spectrum come out yesterday and install internet so I can get these doors on and start paying for these expensive suckers.

Attachments

Sequoia

AKA Duane H- 3 bay SS
Reaction score
First of all, congratulations. Over 10 years ago I did a similar thing to add LED7 timer displays to an even smaller stainless steel face. I'm glad I did.

Yours look much nicer than mine. My plate was so small there was no room later to add a swiper. Your setup looks nice and clean.

The only negative I noticed is whether you can insert coins (right handed) without bumping the swiper. But I'm not sure that is legitimate or even a negative-- I'd much rather have a CC direct deposit than take a bunch of quarters.

Nice job!

Reaction score
First of all, congratulations. Over 10 years ago I did a similar thing to add LED7 timer displays to an even smaller stainless steel face. I'm glad I did.

Yours look much nicer than mine. My plate was so small there was no room later to add a swiper. Your setup looks nice and clean.

The only negative I noticed is whether you can insert coins (right handed) without bumping the swiper. But I'm not sure that is legitimate or even a negative-- I'd much rather have a CC direct deposit than take a bunch of quarters.

Nice job!
I had to have everything placed where it is due to having a hinge side a lock side and where coins fall through to the coin boxes. But thanks for your input.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Do you have a minimum charge for credit cards?
I have a $4 minimum charge for credit cards.
If so I would have that posted on your door next to the swipers.

Reaction score
Do you have a minimum charge for credit cards?
I have a $4 minimum charge for credit cards.
If so I would have that posted on your door next to the swipers.
I didn’t want any pricing on the doors because if I change prices it would lead to confusion. It was my understanding that I can program that into the Dixmor.

MEP001

Reaction score
The only negative I noticed is whether you can insert coins (right handed) without bumping the swiper.
That's exactly why I had mine made with the coin acceptor moved to the left about 3/4 of an inch. I've already got arthritis and banged-up knuckles and I had trouble dropping coins with my right hand with it in the center.

MEP001

Reaction score
I didn’t want any pricing on the doors because if I change prices it would lead to confusion. It was my understanding that I can program that into the Dixmor.
That's what I do, since the cash price scrolls on the timer, but if your CC minimum is different startup price you might want or need to post it separately or program it into a custom message on the timer.