What's new

Bay temp alarm

Randy

Reaction score
It looks like it would be worth using and could save a lot of headaches.

On page 23 paragraph 4.6 of the owner’s manual it says:

“In the Wireless Sensors, the two alkaline AA batteries should provide at least one year of service. If one or more of your wireless sensors has low batteries, the Wireless FreezeAlarm will begin to call out to notify you of low batteries in the specific sensors”

My concerns would be long the Wireless sensor will last in the wash bay.

robblackburn

Reaction score
It looks like it would be worth using and could save a lot of headaches.

On page 23 paragraph 4.6 of the owner’s manual it says:

“In the Wireless Sensors, the two alkaline AA batteries should provide at least one year of service. If one or more of your wireless sensors has low batteries, the Wireless FreezeAlarm will begin to call out to notify you of low batteries in the specific sensors”

My concerns would be long the Wireless sensor will last in the wash bay.
Randy - I agree about the wireless sensor in the bay. I called the manufacturer and they are also concerned about the remote sensor in bay with the high humidity etc. I am stil looking around. Thanks.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I had that, a sensor that was attached to the alarm system and called me, one also turned a blower on sucking heat from the attic of the EQ. Also, programmed PLC to run the dryers for a minute or so to circulate air from the ceiling

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Any other choices on dialer brands & models?

Has anyone used something like this to monitor the temp in a IBA. I need something to contact me if a door sticks open on a cold night. This looks good but I am not sure how long the batteries will last in the wireless temperature sensor.
Comments?

http://www.smarthome.com/70034/Protected-Home-FA-1000-Wireless-FreezeAlarm/p.aspx
Running low voltage wires to activate a normally open relay & then to a wired dialer seems to make the most sense. A docking station from a cell phone would make it even more fail safe because it would provide the wireless outside of the building in the event the phone lines & power lines were down like what happens during certain wintery storms. It seems like that would be where the wireless is the most crucial.

Any preferences from anyone on ordinary wired less expensive dialers?

MJ

sparkey

Reaction score
If you are just trying to check for an open door, I used an extra cam switch in my opener with a timer that says if I tell the door to close and it doesn't close in 10 seconds it sets an alarm.

For a cheap dialer, I made my own. I took a $5 phone from walmart, took it apart and connected a relay across the reciever button and a second relay arross the redial button and triggered each from my PLC to call me. I just manually dial my number into the phone then trigger the redial button to call my cell.

Reds

Reaction score
I use a sensaphone model 800. It monitors both my mechanical rooms, both IBA's, and calls me if the power goes out or the temp drops below a preset level. It has its own battery backup and one relay so you can control another device thru it. I have had it for 3 years and am very happy with it. They have several models, and none are cheap - but fixing frozen equipment isn't cheap either. This thing has been a life saver during many power outages and stuck open doors in the middle of the night. You can also dial in at any time and get temp and power status.