What's new

Bay signs

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
From my experience the police usually won't enforce a sign like this unless it become vandalism and even then it has to be something more than a damaged vac or cut hose. In some cases where you have a good relationship with them it might help but generally they will either ignore it or take a complaint and do nothing. In our area they are more interested in writing traffic citations than doing something like this.

Reds

Reaction score
I have not had to have any of them cited yet. Usually they know they are in the wrong, especially after I point out the signs, and when I record (on pocket recorder) their license number and description they cuss and leave. At which point I tell them not to come back on the property for any reason. I did have one of them cited for leaving litter in the bay - The police cited them for "scattering rubbish". I do not want these kind of people using my facility. They are inconsiderate and cause paying customers to wait. I want to provide a service to paying customers. It's not like I have to do this on a regular basis, but I am there every day and deal with this issue when necessary. The police know from past experience prosecuting people who dump trash on my property that I am serious and willing to show up at the magistrate's hearing to testify. The local vermin who were leaving bags of trash in the bays and moving my cones when a bay is down for maintenance and using my bays for reasons other than washing are now aware that I am on the alert. These problems have subsided considerably. Word travels fast in a small town.

Last edited: