What's new

bay shutting off

mikeexpress

Reaction score
I have a bay hat will shut of and the time still runs you go back to the coin mech and push the service you were on and it will run for 30-40sec and does it again. I have switched the coin mech door with another bay and that didnt help i have switched the 24volt hot wire to the bay, switched 24volt common and nothing. It acts like it is dropping power for a second and then back on. Been working on this for 2weeks. any suggestions would be great.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
Is this happening to the foam brush also or just the High pressure.
If also the brush --it sounds like a timer is weak on switching, or low voltage to the timer somehow as you said you switched out lids. If just the high pressure it sounds like a problem with the motor starter.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Agree with Whale. I had a similiar issue once on my HP functions. Turned out there was a bum spring in my contactor for one of the leads. Thus is was making intermintent contact causing the bay power to disappear.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
It gets down to the timer that does the switching then.
Losing power- Or Switching transistor not working
Does the timer Display cut out or shut off-Then its the power.
Do you have more than 24v with a load? What is voltage at timer?
Check all your connections--Then double check them.
This will be fairly simple--

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
It sounds like you have GinSan equipment. Most of them have the timer in the pump stand which switches the power to the functions; the display in the bay is only a slave. Swap the timer in the pump room with a new one or with another bay.

mikeexpress

Reaction score
i do have ginsan equipment but there is not a timer in equipment room the timer is a dixmor at the bay. all the power at the bay is 24 volt. Now if i take another bay and put time on it and go shut the main breaker off i get the same results as this bay. thats what makes me think somehow im dropping power somewhere.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
Couple more ideas-
24v circuit breaker-They are sometimes bad or intermittent(Not sure u have one)My equipment does.
Any type of delay relay- on equipment in equipment room??
They sometimes get intermittent
Do you have any low water cutoff-- if so try and jumper out.
after this i am low on ideas.

MEP001

Reaction score
Are the commons from the 24V interconnected anywhere in the system? Does the Dixmor display go blank when this happens? I've seen this problem before where the phases of voltage would cause one bay to be cancelled out and shut off. You'd need to use a voltmeter and make sure the hot 24V between each pair of bays reads zero, then repeat for the commons.

mikeexpress

Reaction score
just to let all know i switched both the 24 volt hot and 24v common from the equipment to the bay 1 at a time and the bay still shut down. I then swapped the dixmor from one bay to another and the problem continued in the same bay.

MEP001

Reaction score
Just swapping 24V hot and common won't find anything if the phases are off. You need to test ALL the voltages on ALL the bays to be sure they're in synch, starting with the 3-phase and then checking the 24V. If the 24V commons don't intermingle anywhere then this isn't going to be your problem at all.

Your motor's thermal overload could be set to auto reset and tripping. Make sure it's set to manual.

mikeexpress

Reaction score
hello
still been haveing problems with this bay I also have put in a new terminal stripe in the bay and still had problem ,i changed the dixmor timer with another bay still had problem saturday the bay would only kick out when it was on spot free so i changed the solenoid from one bay to another and ran that bay for 35min on spot free and had no problem the bay that i moved that solenoid to has been also running fine. afterthis step does anyone have any other suggestions. I'M pulling what little hair i have left out HELP. thanks guys

JIMT

Reaction score
Mike,
You said "push the service you were on" it sounds like you have push buttons on the face plate. I have never seen how push button face plates work. If they are momentary switches, what do they connect to, to provide a constant circuit for each selection. This device may be the problem.

JIMT

mikeexpress

Reaction score
just to let you all know this bay has been woeking for 1 wk no problems after switching the ro solenoid thanks all

mikeexpress

Reaction score
hello again the bay shut off again,the bay that i switched the ro solenoid from has not had a problem at all . any suggestions on what next to do or look at? I have changed just about everything on this bay thanks MIKE

dcarwash

Reaction score
Have you ever thought about calling a service tech.? You will get enough irrate customer problems to pay for a service call.

MEP001

Reaction score
mikeexpress said:
Have you ever thought about calling a service tech.? You will get enough irrate customer problems to pay for a service call.
I have to agree. You've been given a number of suggestions that you either haven't checked out or you have and never replied. Not only is it very difficult to help you like that, it's hard to even want to.

mikeexpress

Reaction score
first I want to apoligize for not responding back to the suggestions that you all have given me on this problem. to responed to the question about the service tech i have also been working with dan at ginsan on this problem too any service techs that anybody might suggest? I have pinpointed the problem down to the bay shutting off when the bay is on spot free. I have changed the wire that goes from the equipment room to the coin mech that controls that service. on9/11.will run the weekend and see what happens.

Etowah