What's new

bay lighting - fluorescent

soapy

Reaction score
I have recently converted several washes from MH to floresents. I used 42 watt fixtures at some locations. You can pick them up at home depot for about $40 per fixture. They do a great job. The last wash I did I used T5 fixtures from Kleenrite. Overall I like the T5s best. You can get the T5 fixtures in an 8 foot waterproof fixture that uses 4- 4 foot bulbs or a 4 footer that only uses 2 bulbs. These have a longer life with a better quality of light. I think the 4 footers are about $90.

sparkey

Reaction score
I replaced 175 watt metal halide with kleenrite 4 foot 2 bulb, T5's (54 watt bulbs). They appear to be just as bright if not brighter than the 175 watt metal halides.

MEP001

Reaction score
I would agree; the T5 fixtures give more light per watt, and the bulbs last up to 36,000 hours with very little loss of light output over their life. Ceiling fixtures also cast all their light down where you want it.

I had the light over the changer/vendors go out on a Friday, and I had an empty Scottsdale housing and some sockets I'd bought to fix another sign, so as a temporary light I put four 26W fluorescent adaptors in the Scottsdale and mounted it next to the other one. The light was very weak.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
People, people, scroll down the page and you will see 5 past threads that probably cover this topic. The forum has two search functions that work pretty well.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I would agree; the T5 fixtures give more light per watt, and the bulbs last up to 36,000 hours with very little loss of light output over their life. Ceiling fixtures also cast all their light down where you want it.

I had the light over the changer/vendors go out on a Friday, and I had an empty Scottsdale housing and some sockets I'd bought to fix another sign, so as a temporary light I put four 26W fluorescent adaptors in the Scottsdale and mounted it next to the other one. The light was very weak.
I took a scottsdale and converted it to an 80w induction lamp. It's not quite as bright as a new 320w mh but it's good enough.