What's new

Bay Length

Flamingo

Reaction score
I am in the process of purchasing a used Mark VII and I currenly have a low volume 3 bay SS / My Bays are 17 x 26 //what would I have to do to convert one of these bays for the auto//or would it be better just to add another bay for the auto?

termn8tr

Reaction score
I WOULD ADD ANOTHER BAY IF YOU HAVE THE ROOM. OUR MULTIPLE IN-BAYS ARE 18' x 70'. 50' is good but we went 20' longer, for more drip space.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I am in the process of purchasing a used Mark VII and I currenly have a low volume 3 bay SS / My Bays are 17 x 26 //what would I have to do to convert one of these bays for the auto//or would it be better just to add another bay for the auto?
I have a Mark VII in a bay as short as 34'6" inside length and 14' width, but it won't tilt to wash the back of some crew cab short bed trucks and all of the CC long beds. I have one in a 37' long bay and get the full range out of the machine. You'll need to add at least 10' of length to the bay. I don't understand the need for a 50-70' bay at all. How tall is your bay? You don't state your location. If you get freezing temp you will most likely need wings on the ends of the bay for doors of some sort.

Flamingo

Reaction score
Hey Pat, I am not far from you ...My wash is near Clarksville,Tn. My bay door height is 12'6 /My wash is all block construction/I was thinking about putting a auto bay next to the eqip. room and constructing it out of treated wood and Metal..making the room 40'
The doors are another concern of mine/It does get below freezing at times //but not that often
I was going to give you a call /but switched cell phones and lost your number.
email golf@peoplestel.net

Bill Manke

Reaction score
Which Mark VII unit is it? Does it have onboard dryer? Some are better than others. I have the gto 300 in pretty small bays 32ft on one and 34 ft on the other. My new choice washes are in 50 ft bays with stand alone dryers. If you are in freezing weather put doors on and a heater it will save alot of headaches.

Flamingo

Reaction score
It is 2004 Mark7 /with onboard dryers not for sure about the model#

Flamingo

Reaction score
Thanks,Also, What type of heat works best on the automatic bays?

washme1

Reaction score
check out www.rbsdirect.com I extended my SS bay using their product when I converted to an IBA. It is made from polymer forms that are insulated and filled on site with concrete. Pretty slick. They look great after four years.

Flamingo

Reaction score
I have a 2003 aquajet 700 profiler/with onboard dryers / 55,000 washes on it..It came with 30' of track //is this enough track and rails or do I need to add some / I am addin gon 10' to an existing bay making it 16x36

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I would add at least another 3'. I have a machine in a bay that is 34' and the tracks run within inches of the door on each end. I have a crew cab F-250 with a short bed and often get a "vehicle too long" error.