What's new

Bay Coin timer!

MegaBlast

Reaction score
Ok my bay timer has blown...causing it not to run...I have a "the Time machine" that I need P/N 9001/cv 3013 to make it work again....now with that said I purchased another 4 bay system but the coin boxes I got did not have this in there as it runs on another system I assume....I was told it will be 280.00 to replace mother board....is there some thing else I can do or use to fix the problem or do I just keep what I have and repair the mother board

thanks in advance

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with those part numbers, who makes 'the time machine'? If I were you I would rewire it and use a standard timer like a Timemaster or Dixmor. Those two timers I mentioned can use the same harness, possibly yours uses it as well. I have about 40 Timemasters I am selling cheap. Private message me if you're interested.

Kevin James

Reaction score
I've never heard of the "The Time Machine" bay timer. Who is it made by?

I’d never recommend the “Timemaster” timer to anyone. They have got to be one of the worse timers used by the car wash industry. We constantly had at least one in for repair or one waiting for repair and they aren’t cheap to repair, $80 - $125 per timer. We fought those dam things for a couple of months before giving up on them and going with the Dixmor LED-6. We put them all in their proper place, The DUMPSTER!!!!

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I am wondering if the time machine is the time masters. 10 yrs ago i knew how to fix them as thats all i had and was constantly soldering the display to make it work or adding jumper wires, because the circuit traces were so poor. Also replaced alot of transistors that would switch the load on. I must have had 40 and were all junk. Only a couple dismor problems in 10yrs, so a rewire or a change to dixmor will make your system reliable.

MegaBlast

Reaction score
it is made by futura I believe...and yes I am going to replace the coin box with the other system I purchased I think I will be better off...LOL since I purchased a 4 bay system for 750 the other week I think I shall add the updated stuff! :)

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Specialty - alternative - help me if you can

it is made by futura I believe...and yes I am going to replace the coin box with the other system I purchased I think I will be better off...LOL since I purchased a 4 bay system for 750 the other week I think I shall add the updated stuff! :)
Megablast & others,

I still have some Time Machines but am transitioning to Dixmors with the help of Randy on this forum. The Dixmors appear to be a much better long term value. The "Time Machine" is definitely from Specialty Futura's manufacturing plant out of Minneapolis-St. Paul area. Mike Vukelic on this forum is more familiar than me when comes to Specialty's reportoire or former reportoire.

Can you PM me the dimensions of your coin box that you may be getting rid of --- & possibly other parts that will be discarded --- just in case they are the same as mine --- especially if they have distribution boards that allow momentary input --- that would be a lifesaver for us. As I have mentioned before on this forum --- we are still deeply in the process of using our existing Specialty boxes --- but it is labor intensive & also the distribution board that accepts momentary inputs is now longer available -- brand new wise. That explains why I am willing to pay for some old used coin box shell & components that we can make work. I know that several brands of coin boxes used to have the ability to accept momentary inputs such as from touch pads or momentary buttons --- hopely someone can help me locate a few used distribution boards of whatever brand that we hopefully will make work.

mike walsh kingkoin of bismarck

SonofOsirus

Reaction score
A note that the Timemaster's have a 2 year warranty on them and a 90 day service warranty. The old models were not as reliable so anything older than 12 years would fall into that category. Model TM5J is current.

ALMO

Reaction score
Can you add a timer to any system? I have a Futura DDA-3 system.
I'm new to the self serve car wash industry so please excuse the dumb questions. I have more to come though. lol

Thanks