What's new

bay coin acceptors probs

geo1

Reaction score
i have new and old style ginsan multitrons. the old ones were bullet proof, i've had the new ones since they've come out and in dry locations they are fine. my bays have meter boxes in the middle of the bays, and the new ones get spray in them and lose their program. i have removed them from the bays and put the old style in. i'm running out of old style and cannot find any on eBay or anywhere else. has anyone else used coin acceptors in wet areas, with no problems. ginsan says i should move my meter boxes. i put in new hulls and the brickwork in the center when i changed over to lumitouch buttons. i'm not doing more brickwork again!

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Try a Microcoin or Slugbuster in a bay and see if your problems go away. In the middle of the bay is not ideal, but you are far from the first to have them there and others seem to get by fine with that arrangement.

geo1

Reaction score
we've had the boxes in the middle since 1962, revised many times, i put vac/ vaults in the wall years ago, just don't have the enthusiasm to move them to the corners now. like i say if i could find a bunch of old multitrons, id buy them in a heartbeat.

Bob-O

Reaction score
I had same problem, switched to Microcoin QL took care of the problem.

Randy

Reaction score
we've had the boxes in the middle since 1962, revised many times, i put vac/ vaults in the wall years ago, just don't have the enthusiasm to move them to the corners now. like i say if i could find a bunch of old multitrons, id buy them in a heartbeat.
Are the old style Multi-trons repairable? I think I have a few of them floating around that I need to be repaired.