What's new

bay ceiling replacement suggestions?

Reaction score
replacing (or overlaying) the current poor condition corrogated bay ceilings of 3 wash locations. looking for ideas that are light, bright, durable and cost effective. similar white fibreglass material seems common in other area washes. extrutech is a bit of overkill cost wise. anybody have good/bad experiences to share? much appreciated.

Eric H

Reaction score
I have RBS renu on my newest wash (7 years old). It looks good but is probably overkill. My ceiling height is about 12'. If your ceiling is lower it might need to be cleaned more frequently

You might want to consider solid vinyl soffit material or board and batten vinyl siding. http://www.certainteed.com/Products/340444 The key to making sure that it looks good (not wavy) is to support it properly. Strapping 16"OC may be too far apart, 12"OC is probably the way to go.

sparkey

Reaction score
I did my automatic ceiling with D4 duchlap house siding last winter and it seems to be doing well. I nailed treated 2 x 4's on the existing steel siding on the ceiling and nailed the siding to that.

MEP001

Reaction score
Ours is just 26ga. steel, the same stuff you'd see on a mansard, but it's attached to the underside of the purlins to give a smooth ceiling. The coating lasts for decades. It won't work if you get a lot of snow - it can't handle any weight from above.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Do you really need a ceiling?

Structuraly?

Keep the hot sun off the customers?

Maybe you just need a trough to carry the lines.