What's new

Bay Ceiling Light Fixtures

MEP001

Reaction score
Two 4' T5 HO fixtures or one 8' T5 HO fixture would basically be the same thing. They use the very same bulbs and ballasts, the 8' just has two pairs of bulbs end-to-end.

I looked all over the inductionlamps.com site - all the info that used to have them rated much brighter per watt has been changed to show that they're about the same as T5 fluorescent or metal halide. None of the products have any viewable information at all, but you can still order items. That seems very fishy. There was lots of data about each product the last time I looked and it seemed too good to be true.

I tried some of these fixtures because I wanted something with less maintenance and that could be turned on by someone in the bay without the long warmup issue of the metal halide. I haven't had any trouble with them yet, but I did find two more Scottsdales not working last night. I've been changing them out to 250W ballasts and bulbs, partly for a minor energy savings and partly because they don't lose nearly as much light as the 320W do as they age. I've had some in for around two years and they hardly look dimmer than the ones I changed out last night.

Gabriel

Reaction score
You guys have been so great to learn from. Thanks again for all of the good sound information. I feel a lot better about the changes that we are about to make. Where else could you get genuine knowledge and help like this. The Forum and guys on it are about as good as it can get. Thanks, again

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
Actually, my lights were the 250w MH wallpacks that Kleenrite sells. I have several of them used. KR charges like $250 each. You can have my used ones for $50 each, pickup-only, they are heavy. I threw the worn out ones away. I have 15 perfectly good MH wallpacks available.