What's new

Bastards!!!

Randy

Reaction score
This is why we love the car wash business so much. It's bastards like these people who think they can bring a trailer load of crap to the car wash and leave it. Frigging unbelievable.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
This is why we love the car wash business so much. It's bastards like these people who think they can bring a trailer load of crap to the car wash and leave it. Frigging unbelievable.
Randy,

After the toughest winter we have had yet of experiencing much of the example that you clearly & succinctly show in your post: We definitely need the appropriate "rule of law" happening to counter this situation across the USA!

Back in the early eighties I had a retired engineer who was one of the pioneers electronically for several TV stations in the area for whom insisted that I be one of his pallbearers at his funeral ... actually volunteered to make lemonade out the situation finding valuable items discarded reducing the amount going into the dumpters big time. Another reason why the government should not set the stage through policy ... for us car wash owners of not being able to afford more employees with our operations.

Have a Good Memorial Day Everyone!

mike

Last edited:

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Randy....Is that picture from the new camera system at your wash? Did you get a tag? I think I would try to make their lives as equally miserable as what they caused you! Find out where they live and give that sh$t back to them. Dumped right in their front yard!

Was this trip #25 for the cops for the year?

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
“Another reason why the government should not set the stage through policy ... for us car wash owner of not being able to afford more employees with our operations.”

Sell enough stuff that people actually want to buy and you can afford an employee to sell it.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
“Another reason why the government should not set the stage through policy ... for us car wash owners of not being able to afford more employees with our operations.”

Sell enough stuff that people actually want to buy and you can afford an employee to sell it.
Robert,

Randy gave an example of less desirable customers who actually want to leave more than acceptable amounts of garbage! Since this Car Wash Forum plays a role in self service car washes' information to main stream journalists ... it is good that we make it clear that even though the customers want to leave excessive amounts of garbage ... including dead fish etc ... that we as with other business owners need laws & enforcement of those laws to help it so those specific customers learn that there is more to the equation than just WANTS. The point I made is that if the business environment is such that we can afford enough manpower to walk by our customers often enough ... than we are more likely to nip this kind of behavior in the bud. Yes, government policy & the mainstream & trade media does play a role in that.

I am having a flashback to when on a day & time that the strip mall was closed across the street from us; some characters were about to unload in & around the dumpsters in a part of the neighbor mall's parking lot similar as in Randy's pic. I explained to them that it was wrong for them to do so. After some slight complaining from them including playing innocent they left. My sense is that they actually thought it was acceptable ... where they got the idea that it was acceptable is debatable.

mike walsh http://kingkoin.com/USA_Deficit_Reduction.html

Last edited:

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Illegal dumping is clearly a different activity than someone who pays to use the property to clean out the inside of their passenger compartment or trunk.

“…..we as with other business owners need laws & enforcement of those laws to help it so those specific customers learn that there is more to the equation than just WANTS.”

Laws are on the books. Lax enforcement can be caused by changing priorities due to budget constraints or as often is the case dumping occurs under the light of the moon.

And of course, there are people, like Randy’s situation, so bold or ignorant to dump in broad daylight.

The world is what it is. If there are wolves in the forest, it pays to shepherd the flock.

Randy

Reaction score
More Bastards!!

Yesterday I got 8 - 30 gallon drums from a competitors car wash 15 miles away, they weren’t smart enough to take their name or packing slips off the barrels. I called the owner and they had no clue as to how they got there. I told them to come get them and he said it'd be at least Monday or Tuesday of next week before they could come get them, to busy. I told them no problem I'll just call the police, they were gone this morning. Later this morning I get a call from the city, HAZARDOUS materials at the car wash, we just left there an hour before. Turned out to be some common household cleaning products, some of which are hazardous. The city wanted to call out the Hazmat cleanup crew, at our expense. We were able to convince them to let us clean it up. I took a picture but it won't load, to big.

Reds

Reaction score
Big Leo, where can I get a license plate camera for around $200 ? Any info would be helpfull.

Thanks, Reds

Etowah