What's new

Barstock Fittings & Max Operating Pressures

Etowah

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Hey guys I am in the process of a complete remodel at a 6 bay SS wash I recently purchased. I am redoing the low pressure (LP) and high pressure (HP) lines and in assembling the manifolds for the LP and HP functions I noticed on KleenRite's site some of the barstock fittings have a max operating pressure of 1200 PSI more specifically:

Union Tee:

Hex Nipple:

QUESTION: I run my pressure at 1200 PSI which is the max rating on these 2 fittings so the last thing I want to do is start dealing with leaks after opening, have any of you guys used these fittings at 1200 PSI? Do you think I would be okay considering I am going to be running at the max pressure rating?

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your feedback that's what I was thinking but double checking this is my 3rd wash but 1st ever complete remodel. I am talking about gutted the equipment room and starting all over with a used Coleman pump stand, all new nylon LP lines, HP lines, new meter boxes etc.

MEP001

Reaction score
My supplier's catalog lists the flare to MPT fittings at 2000 PSI working pressure, and those fittings are machined from barstock.

FWIW, the ones Kleen-Rite sells are not very good, I've had tees start to leak after a few years on LP systems without even caustic chemicals running through them. Windtrax carries Parker brass fittings, more expensive than Kleen-Rite's but well worth it. Windtrax lists them at one price on their site but they're much less on the invoice.

Flex- Wand

Reaction score
My supplier's catalog lists the flare to MPT fittings at 2000 PSI working pressure, and those fittings are machined from barstock.

FWIW, the ones Kleen-Rite sells are not very good, I've had tees start to leak after a few years on LP systems without even caustic chemicals running through them. Windtrax carries Parker brass fittings, more expensive than Kleen-Rite's but well worth it. Windtrax lists them at one price on their site but they're much less on the invoice.
Good to know

Randy

Reaction score
We've been using stainless steel fitting and never have a problem with them. We use Leak Lock to put them together.