What's new

Banned a guy

Red Baron

Reaction score
In my 13 years in the car wash business I have only banned 3 guys from my car wash. I banned 1 of them this week.

The guy, a youngish farmer, blows all kinds of crap out of the bed of his truck, including grease. Several customers then had to trek through it. So I sent that guy a letter explaining that we don't allow that and that there is a large sign in the bay stating that.

The guy calls me yesterday chewing me out, then when I asked if he saw my sign, he said "Yeah I saw it and I laughed at it, then I ignored it. That's what car washes are for."

What is it about car washes that makes people think that every owner has to run his like every other owner does?

MEP001

Reaction score
Red Baron said:
Car washes are merely a good way to identify those without character.
I feel the same way. I've banned quite a few people over the years, not for having made a mess or telling me "that's what car washes are for," but either for being completely disrespectful or lying when caught doing something.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
"Yeah I saw it and I laughed at it, then I ignored it. That's what car washes are for."
Oh if he would of said that in front of you at the wash he'd probably be laying on the ground begging for mercy saying something like "Please Mr Car Wash Owner I'm sorry! don't hit me in the head with that shovel again"

captain cw

Reaction score
Dang it! Guys like that make me want to lose my religion! I put up $500 reward/fine signs for things like that. Then I can invoice them when I catch them. I never get paid, but it makes me feel better. I do call the police when I catch them. It's illegal to add grease and oil to the city sewer and litter is illegal. What I really want to do would get me thrown in jail.

Washmechanic

Washmechanic, Ibas. ss,
Reaction score
Definitely feel your pain. Went to the wash a month ago about 10 PM. to do some maintenance and saw a guy vaccuming the bed of his pickup. From 30 feet away you could hear things clanging inside the vac. As I approached, he continued and I looked in the bed of his truck. He was a contractor and he had taken the nozzle off the hose so he could suck up larger shards of broken ceramic tile out of the truck bed. I told him he "couldn't vac that material here". He said why not, I've done it several times before, and no one cared. Have also had problems with commercial painters washing all their equipment in the bays and then driving off and not rinsing it down leaving one hell of a mess. Worst time last year, it was oil base paint.

Happycarz

Reaction score
How about 5 gallons of roofing tar in the bay, on the walls, all over the equipment and on the apron. Try cleaning that in 115* weather.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
How about 5 gallons of roofing tar in the bay, on the walls, all over the equipment and on the apron. Try cleaning that in 115* weather.
I'll take the tar if you take the vinyl floor contact cement.

Red, only 3 in 13 years? I haven't counted, but I'll bet I have a stack of 150-200 criminal tresspass warnings over the last 10 years.

Red Baron

Reaction score
I'll take the tar if you take the vinyl floor contact cement.

Red, only 3 in 13 years? I haven't counted, but I'll bet I have a stack of 150-200 criminal tresspass warnings over the last 10 years.
This was odd - I asked the local PD to send the guy a criminal trespass notice in case he comes back, and the "chief" told me to just send the guy a certified letter, rerurn receipt. I did that but I'll be shocked if the guy actually signs for it when he sees who it's from.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Had a guy yesterday ban himself.

He was in the SS bay doing what we call 'dry humping' the car. You know, dry foamy brush on dry paint.

I explained gently he may want to spritz some water on first. He said he wanted to show me some scratches my IBA (touchless) had made.

He went on to explain how the brushes on my machinery had scratched his car. I took him into the IBA, showed him the equipment. He said I must've changed it since opening. I have been touch free since day 1.

He called me a liar, said he wouldn't be back and left all pi$$ed off at me and my 'brushes'.

Red Baron

Reaction score
He went on to explain how the brushes on my machinery had scratched his car. I took him into the IBA, showed him the equipment. He said I must've changed it since opening. I have been touch free since day 1.

He called me a liar, said he wouldn't be back and left all pi$$ed off at me and my 'brushes'.
Some people are just too stupid to be at a car wash by themselves. And I have yet to find a way to say that to a guy and have it not irritate him...I must be saying it wrong or something.

MEP001

Reaction score
Waxman said:
People like that are just out to get something for nothing. They think they have "rights" as a customer, and if they create enough of a fuss that you'll give in and give them something.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty sure this guy was senile. Kinda sad, actually.
:(