What's new

Bad Way To Start Off 2014

wendy's wash

Reaction score
1-1-2014 found Alamo brand water softener stuck on brine wash. Called Alamo to find service center near wash in Houston.
Was told Total Water Treatment Bob Johnson & Associates repaired my type of unit. Guy came out on 1-3-14 and checked machine. kept having to call Alamo support to find out what was wrong. Said bad micro switch. Was their 1.5 hours. Came back on 1-7-14 with two micro switches and put in. Said was working and I gave him my credit card to pay. Guy went back in to check and now found it would not stop on stand by and kept going. Back on phone this time support said motor was bad. I asked if he had one and yes was the answer so I told him to put it on. Took my motor off and put his on and poof smoke in equipment room. 2.5 hours later he says sorry and pats me on back and says he will get another motor and I will not be charged. 1-9-14 puts new motor on and tells me the other motor that smoked was a 24 volt and mine was a 110 volt. He takes out 3 invoices and starts adding up days charge on each invoice. He said billing made him have 3 invoices. One for each day. He said I was going to be charged each day he came out per billing lady. This company charged me for installing wrong motor. I cooled down and 1.5 hours I called company. Lady answered and said they don't guarantee that the right parts will be installed. what? I had to pay twice to get one motor replaced. Woman would not connect me with owners. Will contact BBB to report bad service and hope no one else will have this type of poor service.

MEP001

Reaction score
Bob Johnson and Associates is horribly overpriced to begin with. I'm surprised they added such lousy service to that.

Call River City Water in San Antonio next time you have a problem. They have all the parts for about 1/4 the price of Bob Johnson, and despite how complicated it looks, it's very easy to service. Feel free to PM me if you need help - I know those softeners very well.

If it were me, I'd dispute the charges of the invoices except for the one where they installed the correct motor. You should not be paying them to learn how to work on your softener.

wendy's wash

Reaction score
Once the 3 invoices were added up the charge was $750.37. I got 2 micro switches and 1 motor.
The worst part was I had to deal with service tech for 5 hours.

MEP001

Reaction score
That's outrageous. You probably could have bought a whole new head for that price.

The switches probably weren't even bad.

slash007

Reaction score
Once the 3 invoices were added up the charge was $750.37. I got 2 micro switches and 1 motor.
The worst part was I had to deal with service tech for 5 hours.
Please tell me you didn't pay all the invoices. There is no way in the world you should have paid the invoice where they installed the wrong motor. If anything, they owe you for your time and stress of having to wait for the softner to be repaired and for the extra time you spent having to call them back then meet them at the wash etc.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
No way you should pay for their incompetence. Parts plus one call at the most.

wendy's wash

Reaction score
Just got off phone with Total Water Treatment Bob Johnson and Associates. Thanks to Randy Nix they responded with a total refund of the charge for the second invoice that had motor shorted out on. Refund of $230.00. I will only pay for first trip and installing motor on the last trip and for the 2 micro switches. THANKS, RANDY