What's new

B/C Valve

Twodose

Reaction score
It is B/C Valve. 3108-075-110v 3/4 " slow close solenoid. it says www.bcvalve.com on the box. If you google it, it comes up on manta with the correct address of overland park, KS 66225. It looks like they may no longer be in business. May have purchased from windtrax years ago because it was allot cheaper than other slow close valves.

MEP001

Reaction score
A sprinkler valve and transformer or relay would probably do in a pinch
I was just looking at them at a Lowe's yesterday. They're cheap and have a six year warranty. There are slow close sprinkler solenoids. It took me a while to find out that they are in fact 24V AC since it doesn't specify AC or DC on the package and I'm unfamiliar with automatic sprinkler systems. I wouldn't be surprised if they can be found with a 120V coil.

Twodose

Reaction score
I am on my third one in 25 years, and they are cheap, so 8.3 years or whatever before failure. Its no big deal but I thought for the price they were a bargain, they were definitely purchased from a car wash supply I believe it was windtrax or kim supply < I think kleen-rite bought them out, and they are 120v for sure. I thought maybe someone would know if they are out of business, I think they are a great valve for the price and the quality for a slow close solenoid. Tried calling the # on the box 913-397-8859 but just get a busy signal. Believe it may stand for british Columbia valve.

Last edited:

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I was just looking at them at a Lowe's yesterday. They're cheap and have a six year warranty. There are slow close sprinkler solenoids. It took me a while to find out that they are in fact 24V AC since it doesn't specify AC or DC on the package and I'm unfamiliar with automatic sprinkler systems. I wouldn't be surprised if they can be found with a 120V coil.

I've been using a rain bird 1" sprinkler valve as a safety back up to my hydrominder float valve in my SS for several years. I tied it into an IDX controller that was there already for the recirculating presoak system. I've had no issues with them.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I have no less than 5 Orbit irrigation valves in my equipment room. Some going on 4 years. $12.97 at HD. They're more reliable than the expensive brass Dema's they replaced.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Is B/C valve out of business?
I believe they are and have been for well over a year. I used to get them from Dultmeier. They were really good valves.

If you need a slow closing valve that you can adjust the closing speed try Kingston solenoids available from Dultemeir. They have proven very reliable but are quite pricey.

If the sprinkler valves close soft enough for you you'll be able to buy ten of them for the price of one Kingston.

MEP001

Reaction score
Rain Bird PGA valves are only a few bucks more than economy ones an have the soft-close feature.