What's new

Awning For Pay Station - TSS vs Premier

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Im sure that would turn out just wonderful 🤣
yes it would turn out great. it's not like building a spaceship to fly to the moon. It looks like a pretty simple design to me so I'm sure my local welding shop could do a great job with it. They do a lot more complicated work than this.

WashFixer

Reaction score
What's everyone's reason for the awnings? Just for looks/curb appeal or are people are more likely to wash in gross weather if they can pay under the awning?

HeyVern

Reaction score
What's everyone's reason for the awnings? Just for looks/curb appeal or are people are more likely to wash in gross weather if they can pay under the awning?
One of the biggest reasons for me was to keep the sun off the paystation screen. I been to some washes when the sun was hitting the screen and you can hardly read them. Also sun faded playstations just make a place look old and run down. I think the awnings also give the wash a more modern look.

traveler17

Reaction score
One of the biggest reasons for me was to keep the sun off the paystation screen. I been to some washes when the sun was hitting the screen and you can hardly read them. Also sun faded playstations just make a place look old and run down. I think the awnings also give the wash a more modern look.
Exactly why I’m shopping them

soonermajic

Reaction score
Agree with all that, + i am surrounded by Tunnels, & gotta have my place looking just as awesome as their's.

Brucedvm59

Reaction score
Picking up order from TSS tomorrow. Canopy is one of the items. Dual Post Illuminated. Placed order 3 weeks ago. Took a week for design but production took less than two weeks. It seems there back on track minus the price increases. I paid 3k more for the same canopy I bought two years ago.
Awesome set up!

OurTown

Reaction score
Our eight 7/8" diameter by 24" long J-bolts for setting in the concrete and the template showed up the other day. They seem massive for a pay station canopy but I have not seen the canopy yet. After that I started looking at the ones on street light poles and traffic light poles and they don't look so big now.

Blanco

Reaction score
Our eight 7/8" diameter by 24" long J-bolts for setting in the concrete and the template showed up the other day. They seem massive for a pay station canopy but I have not seen the canopy yet. After that I started looking at the ones on street light poles and traffic light poles and they don't look so big now.
I use 5/8" stainless concrete wedge anchors. Only in the ground about two inches because of floor heat. 8 of them on each canopy. The canopy top probably weighs around a few hundred pounds. Their 24" J bolts are definitely overkill. I would use them though if I was pouring new concrete.

HeyVern

Reaction score
I use 5/8" stainless concrete wedge anchors. Only in the ground about two inches because of floor heat. 8 of them on each canopy. The canopy top probably weighs around a few hundred pounds. Their 24" J bolts are definitely overkill. I would use them though if I was pouring new concrete.
Those J bolts are engineered for wind load, not the weight of the canopy. If you're in an area that gets high winds, those wedge anchors won't hold for long.

Etowah

Blanco

Reaction score
Those J bolts are engineered for wind load, not the weight of the canopy. If you're in an area that gets high winds, those wedge anchors won't hold for long.
Wedge anchors work just fine. In 3000 psi CRACKED concrete a single 5/8" anchor can hold up tp 3000lb worth of tension. Multiply that by 8. Keep in mind were on the low end since were using cracked concrete ratings. Been using them for over ten years at multiple locations. Haven't had one come down yet.

Last edited: