What's new

Average water use D&S 5000?

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
New water consumption tax on tunnels and IBAs in Arkansas. Will need to report water use in my IBA monthly. Not practical to try to meter water going into the machine because of so many points of entry (hot, cold, spot free, etc). Same issue with trying to meter the ss bays. Figured if there was a spec out there on the D&S 5000 gallons per avg wash I could get an estimate close enough using the cycle counter on the machine. the tax rate is so low that I could just pay it on all the water we use on that site (they tax 80 percent of the water used at $.002 (2/10 of a cent) per gallon. Its the principal of the thing... have the 5000 and 4 SS bays on the same water meter.

washnvac

Reaction score
This does not answer your question, but it may be a good time to raise prices and blame it on the new tax. Must be a democrat state? More and more tax....

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
This does not answer your question, but it may be a good time to raise prices and blame it on the new tax. Must be a democrat state? More and more tax....
Actually, Asa, our Gov. claims to be a republican. The law was primarily to tax internet sales as result of the Wayfair sup. court decision. This part is part of the repeal of sales tax on car washes that performed labor as part of the wash process. Lobbied for by some of the big chain tunnel operators. The law was "coin operated" self service washes, including mechanical automated washes that all the effort was preformed by the customer were exempt from charging, collecting and reporting sales tax. Someone came up with a water use tax to replace the sales tax in the tunnels that included services with the wash and they didn't think that was fair if automatic unattended washes didn't ahve to pay a water tax too. Originally the law was going to include SS bays as well. with a wash with a auto paying 500 a year and SS only 100 a year. SS were taken off the table. We all got a big benefit in that car wash supplies and parts are now exempt from sales or use tax when purchased.

OurTown

Reaction score
On a slow day when nobody is using the self serve you could run a top wash and a bottom wash to get an average of cubic feet of water used on your meter.

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
That is my plan B. its supposed to rain all day here so I'm sure the only part of the wash that will get used is the trash cans...may do it this afternoon.

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
On a slow day when nobody is using the self serve you could run a top wash and a bottom wash to get an average of cubic feet of water used on your meter.
thanks, Thats what I did, the answer is about 70 gallons on top wash and 50 on basic so about 60 gallons per cycle average. Last months tax was only 9.00 and I have saved well over 100 on sales taxes on things that would have been taxable so the whole deal seems like a win, other than another monthly report to the govt.