What's new

Automatic swivels

copperglobe

Reaction score
Anyone rebuilding their automatic swivels? I've tried to rebuild the Big Boy brand swivels but can't remove the end caps without destroying them and the bearings are press-fit in. I've tried other brands of swivels that are easier to rebuild but it seems the rebuilds don't last as long as new and start leaking. I'm guessing that simply buying new is the way to go?

BBE

Reaction score
i've had ok luck rebuilding the super swivels from kleenrite, but I wouldn't rebuild probably more than once.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
my machine uses a 2 piece stainless ( inner) and brass ( outer ) swivel made by DSTI. A new one is very expensive so i ordered a rebuild kit ( o rings and seals). i cleaned mine in a vibrating tub and it came out great.

Stuart

Reaction score
I have had luck rebuilding the Deublin swivels only with any length of time on the rebuild. All others I replace with new. Really when you consider the cost of kit, your time and the lack of longevity on the rebuild, a new swivel is the best cost effective way. IMO

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My rebuild kit was $80 and a new swivel was $2500

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
Any company charging $2500 for a swivel for any automatic ought to be charged with rape