What's new

Automatic pits.

theeNEcarwashjefe

Reaction score
Ok so curious on how to eliminate a odor my automatic pits all feed to a pit inside my equipment room all has been ok until recently. It has started to smell. Can anyone tell me how to eliminate or reduce this odor

MEP001

Reaction score
I use a large pool chlorine tablet, wrap it in baling wire, and hang it from the grate so it's just below the top of the water. It lasts a couple months and it should kill the smell within a day.

Randy

Reaction score
Depending on how bad the smell is we used a 1lb. bag of swimming pool shock treatment initially and then use the chlorinated 3” tablets at the furthest end of the pits so the water travels the length of the pit system. We use a small plastic container with a screw on lid to hang the 3" tab in, drilled a bunch of holes in it and then hang it in the pit.

OurTown

Reaction score
We have struggled with this for years and still don't have a good solution. The best so far is bleach or pool shock but gets expensive quick. We tried hanging the 3" chlorine tablet with little success. Our pits are about 1,250 gallons and that is probably not in our favor. If we get get crazy busy it fixes it pretty quick.

Etowah