What's new

Automatic for a small bay ??

sparkey

Reaction score
I have a small bay that I would like to put an automatic in. It is an old superwash building so the bays are small. It needs to fit in a 25' bay 15' wide and 10' tall. Anyone know of an automatic that will fit? I don't care if its touch free or touchless.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Look at the PDQ LaserWash360. I don't know the minimum requirements for sizing, but might fit. You're really going to be limited on the size of vehicles you wash, so I'm not sure adding an automatic in that bay is best. Can you remodel it to make it bigger? Customers will try to stick all kinds of vehicles in there, which may cause you headaches.

sparkey

Reaction score
Look at the PDQ LaserWash360. I don't know the minimum requirements for sizing, but might fit. You're really going to be limited on the size of vehicles you wash, so I'm not sure adding an automatic in that bay is best. Can you remodel it to make it bigger? Customers will try to stick all kinds of vehicles in there, which may cause you headaches.
I know the washworld razor shortest rails are 27' so I have a feeling the laserwash360 would be about the same size. I have another wash in town with a razor so I may end up shutting this bay down if nothing else.

HCW

Reaction score
Our current IBA sits in a
28.5 L x 14.5 W x 10.1 tall -bay*
10.8 wide x 6.10 tall -entrance door*
11.3 wide X6.10 tall -exit door
We are installing a LW4000 and we're going to raise the ceiling/roof 2 feet to Get it in there.

Rick Lancelle

Washworld Tech Support
Reaction score
Washworld Razor

I know the washworld razor shortest rails are 27' so I have a feeling the laserwash360 would be about the same size. I have another wash in town with a razor so I may end up shutting this bay down if nothing else.
The Washworld Razor is actually available with 24'4" rails, if a wall mount system would be installed the rail system could be mounted a few inches less than the recommended height. This would reduce the standard vehicle clearance of 7'2" for every inch you lower the rail system. The standard minimum height of a wash bay is typically 10'4", this allowing for full accessibility to opening machine carriage covers, the actual overall height of the Razor with the standard wall mount position is 10'. Though the shorter rails can create some limitations on vehicle length, they are few. The wash envelope (Max Vehicle Length) of the 25'4" rails with a optimal wash would be 21.75 feet.