What's new

Automatic Car Wash Refunds

wasiknator

Mike W
Reaction score
I have an aging American Paystation that has been bullet-proof for 16 years. I need to upgrade the hardware and will no longer be able to issue Washbucks for those that may have a problem at the wash. There are only 24 codes available on the upgrade, so giving a code seems to be a limited option as well. My other option is to send a token in the mail, but not sure about sending metal in the mail.

What are others doing in this situation to refund customers who may have a problem at the wash. I am not attended.

Wasiknator

chaz

Reaction score
I mail a card or refund to c/c when possible. Refund only with equipment issue....otherwise card for re wash. In your case I'd do a few trial mailing of the token, maybe a reinforced envelope....or assuming the 24 codes you talk about, are one time codes I'd use those and reset as needed. If they are unlimited codes...I would NOT give those out.

washnvac

Reaction score
I send tokens in the mail all the time. I just tape them to my standard apology letter and/or explanation letter. I make sure the token(s) fall in the center of the regular #10 envelope. As long as you are not over 1 ounce, 1 stamp will do it.

If an issue was definitely my equipment problem, I just mail the customer the cash back.

What has happened to your American Changer that requires upgrade? I have seven of the ac8001s. The oldest is 16 years old. The youngest is 10 years old.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Hi Mike, Buy a used wash select II, preferably with enhanced fleet- EF gives you 1000 possible codes that can be configured as needed. I think the standard has 100 which is likely enough anyway. I generate a few codes and print them out. I carry the list in my billfold. If someone calls with a problem you can give them a code over the phone. If it is their fault, I give them a rewash. If it is the equipment malfunction, I give them a code with two washes.

You can also issue discount codes and set up fleet accounts if you like.

Used WS IIs are running around 4K.

wasiknator

Mike W
Reaction score
I send tokens in the mail all the time. I just tape them to my standard apology letter and/or explanation letter. I make sure the token(s) fall in the center of the regular #10 envelope. As long as you are not over 1 ounce, 1 stamp will do it.

If an issue was definitely my equipment problem, I just mail the customer the cash back.

What has happened to your American Changer that requires upgrade? I have seven of the ac8001s. The oldest is 16 years old. The youngest is 10 years old.
It will not batch out periodically. I have been working with Lenny and he cannot figure it out. Says the only solution is to upgrade the components inside the machine.

washnvac

Reaction score
I have that happen occasionally; especially when really busy. I just power cycle the machine, and it batches out. I also changed my batch limit to $100 so batches occur more frequently. This solved a lot of periodic not batching out. Now maybe it happens once per month at one of the machines.