What's new

Automated system for driver instructions

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
I would like to put in a system to announce the driver instructions(Neutral,don't brake or steer) that we tell each customer before their car enters the tunnel. Some kind of digital device that can play the warnings over a PA system. It would be triggered by a floor switch that the attendant would push with his foot after the vehicle was in position to be sent through the wash. Any Ideas?

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Tommy Car Wash has L.E.D.instructional signage with voice check out their website
They do have what I'm looking for, but at $950. I think I should be able to make one if I can find where to buy the components needed.

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
Ryko uses a "comsyst" to verbally tell the customers what to do at the coinbox. Ryko also has a "custom message display" sign that can be programmed to display many different messages that are triggered by multiple inputs (I have thought about installing an old one on the back of my bus for "driver instructions"). We also use signage at the coinbox.

JustClean

Reaction score
I would like to put in a system to announce the driver instructions(Neutral,don't brake or steer) that we tell each customer before their car enters the tunnel. Some kind of digital device that can play the warnings over a PA system. It would be triggered by a floor switch that the attendant would push with his foot after the vehicle was in position to be sent through the wash. Any Ideas?
http://www.elkproducts.com/_webapp_2981389/ELK-124_Recordable_Voice_Module

I have it installed with a light sensor. It starts talking to the customer shortly after his car approaches our entry system. Works very well. I think this is what you are looking for.

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
I thought I would give an update on the system I have put together. I purchased the Voice Recordable Annunciator Module suggested by Just Clean, a pad type foot switch from Recora, a PA speaker and power supply from Radio Shack. I have less than $300 invested in the system. I plan on installing next week.Here are some photos.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
How many languages are you going to record the Instructions in?