What's new

Auto shuts down wash card keeps taking cc

Sudsy

Snodgrass
Reaction score
Has anyone encountered this issue, Has anyone wired in a relay to prevent this from happening if so please let me know Wash Card is clueless

boywonder

Reaction score
This happens because two worlds are colliding. The washcard system does not tie into the out of service side of autocashier, unless you use a relay. What we do is tie into the Out of service with a DPDT relay. One side goes to my error notification system (Normally Open) and the other goes to the washcard unit running a wire through the relay (normally closed) to the power of the washcard controller.

Sudsy

Snodgrass
Reaction score
This happens because two worlds are colliding. The washcard system does not tie into the out of service side of autocashier, unless you use a relay. What we do is tie into the Out of service with a DPDT relay. One side goes to my error notification system (Normally Open) and the other goes to the washcard unit running a wire through the relay (normally closed) to the power of the washcard controller.
Yes i figured we could do something like that unfortunately i am not smart enough to do that with out having a little more info. Would u be able to identify the wiring that we need to tie into on the Hamilton and perhaps maybe a rely for dummies explanation . We have two acw an older 5 series and a goldline i would be forever grateful.

gt

MEP001

Reaction score
Unless someone can tell you which wires to use, you can use a volt meter to determine which wires from the harness to the validator tell it to stop accepting bills. If you don't want to cut into your wiring, go to mouser.com and order the Molex plugs and make an adaptor.

boywonder

Reaction score
My experience is with the ACW4. You can buy a out of service relay kit from Hamilton. Comes with a plug to directly connect it to the ACW wiring harness. Then just run the power wire to the controller through the relay normally closed side, and then when your ACW goes out of service, the washcard controller doesn't work.

MEP001

Reaction score
If the kit for the ACW4 plugs in between the validator and the harness, I would think it would work on anycashier.

boywonder

Reaction score
You do not want to tie it into the inhibit circuit of the autocashier. Use want to use the out of service circuit. If you tie it to the inhibit circuit your controller is going to be going on and off for every wash. If you tie into the out of service circuit it will only go off when your ACW goes out of service. Relay Kit instruction attached

http://www.hamiltonservices.org/Documents/101-0039.pdf

Sudsy

Snodgrass
Reaction score
We in stalled relay, works BUT and i don't know when it started this but we cannot stack washes could there be a connection between these issues?