What's new

Auto identification

Dylanbennett

Reaction score
Does anyone recognize this auto? It's at wash we are looking at but has been down for about a year. Just seeing if it's worth fixing to get by until a new auto can be installed. Or if parts are even avalible

Attachments

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
It's a Southern Pride TurboWash, or a R. Bell & Associates clone.

Don R. Havens Hydrospray made a similar unit, too.

Hydrospray in Pennsylvania might have repair parts. The Rainmaker tower fits on the TurboWash guide rail system. Kleen-Rite has replacement HydroSpray Rainmaker towers listed on their website.

The TurboWash controller/program ran on a 1980s era General Electric PLC...good luck if that's why it's out of order.

Blanco

Reaction score
There is nothing worth fixing. There are plenty of used machines for sale that are not 40 years old if you don't want to buy new.

washnshine

Reaction score
I ran a wash in 1988 that had a Southern Pride Turbo Wash and it even seemed a bit dated to me back then. That was about the time PDQ came out with the Laserwash 4000 which actually sized the front and sides of the car. Magic Wand was also creating a machine that also adjusted for vehicle size.

kentadel

Reaction score
Windtrax in Kansas City also sold an Automatic like that . I had one for 20 years. It actually worked well and was indestructible.

washnshine

Reaction score
Windtrax in Kansas City also sold an Automatic like that . I had one for 20 years. It actually worked well and was indestructible.
Yes - it was a design that a lot of companies used/adapted. Dilling and Harris made a machine with the same design very briefly too. I’m not sure who was first - I think it was Southern Pride though.

Etowah