What's new

Auto Fragrance - Missing Equipment

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
The hose, display, decal, and money box will probably be a few hundred. The display was worth nothing when new and all soon stopped working. Who knows what the inside is like. The most money you will ever make from that, is what you get for it at the scrapyard. Don’t go down the rabbit hole with this thing.

designflaw

Reaction score
The hose, display, decal, and money box will probably be a few hundred. The display was worth nothing when new and all soon stopped working. Who knows what the inside is like. The most money you will ever make from that, is what you get for it at the scrapyard. Don’t go down the rabbit hole with this thing.
Thank you. That probably explains why it is in its current condition. Is there anything I can do with that or at this point, its just a lost cause and ignore it like the previous owner did.

David Rolf

Reaction score
While overhauling it may be a loss you also have the customer perception you just don't care about maintenance. This can be damaging while trying to rebuild your image. These machines are not money makers but add to the overall experience at your wash. I would do something with it and avoid leaving it in its current state.

designflaw

Reaction score
While overhauling it may be a loss you also have the customer perception you just don't care about maintenance. This can be damaging while trying to rebuild your image. These machines are not money makers but add to the overall experience at your wash. I would do something with it and avoid leaving it in its current state.
Where would I go to find parts for this? If its just a few hundred dollars to make it functional, I can try to do that

David Rolf

Reaction score
Probably Kleenrite. If you need a pump I may have one as well. More detailed pics of the inside would be helpful. I do know they sell a new LED light kit that goes behind that piece of metal that replaced all the old air bubble feature which was a mess. You can call Kelly at the Frag factory.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Where would I go to find parts for this? If its just a few hundred dollars to make it functional, I can try to do that
Fragramatics was the manufacturer of those units. The hose and gun assembly is around $160 to $170. There are pumps, timers, coin acceptors, etc inside. Probably more that "a few hundred" to get up and running.

Shine Brite

Reaction score
It looks like the EV3. Fragramatics and Kleenrite(cheaper for some reason) has the parts for this. I'm in the process of reviving the same unit as well. My unit does actually work but just looked 20 years old. I'm adding new decal, hose and led light kit. I'll post a before and after when I'm done.

MEP001

Reaction score
You might make more money with it by converting it to an air machine.

designflaw

Reaction score
I think so far the most solid opinion is to turn this into an air machine. There was a Club Car Wash opened recently on my way to my Car Wash and they were doing 1 dollar washes. They had an air gun which I thot was pretty cool. For those hard to reach areas, u could just have some air that u could blow throw.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Your best bang for the buck is making it a tire inflator machine. I would go with a Coleman hose if you choose to resurrect it. That way you don't need any pumps for the fragrance. But you have to see what is also in need of replacement inside. Compressor, solenoid valves, Timer, coin mechanism and compressor., selector switch. etc.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out what all equipment I am missing to get this auto fragrance up and running. I am a very new (1.5 month in) coin operated car wash owner trying to do most of the things myself.
Really depends on your demographics. Ask your customers what services they want. They want you to succeed & will be honest. I have a Fragramatics Spray Machine & customers LOVE it!! ❤ No one else in our area offers it. Offer a popular scent like Black Ice or Wild Cherry. Air machines in our area are at every gas station and often abused & vandalized. I considered installing an air machine myself but don't want to make more work for myself.

washnvac

Reaction score
Call Fragramatics. I sent 5 machines back to them for refurb. It was about $1200 each; $200 more for one that needed a compressor. They came back absolutley in brand new appearance. The refurb includes new decals, new hose/gun, new led visual display and interior light, new pick up tubes and bottles, new solenoids, new toggle, flavor decals and new basic coin acceptor. I actually sent them brand new slugbuster IIs to install in the units. In my opinion, it was well worth it. I do vend a fair bit of fragrance. I do not break the collection down, but I think I will start just to see what the actual $ amount is. I have three machines at one location and two at another.

Fragramatics number is (870) 535-5777. That cost I quoted may have gone up a little with inflation. Mine were done in Feb 2022.