What's new

Autec thoughts...?

mac

Reaction score
Good call Metro. The machines are junk, it doesn’t clean without hand prep, and simply looks ugly. Other than that though...... have always found it interesting that so many people who get trashed here (Tom Hobby are you listening?) don’t bother to come and offer ANY defense.

Kramerwv

Reaction score
A competitor installed an autec friction iba near me a year ago and several folks have come thru saying it scratched their paint. I think the material is part of the problem.

soonermajic

Reaction score
There is an Autec friction near me, & it actually does a great job & is never broke down. Heck, I almost bought the wash

DiamondWash

Reaction score
The only Autec system we have here in the DSM Metro is about to be removed because of a lack of sales and damage claims.

Chuck Ivey

Reaction score
I understand Tom Hobby has been gone from Autec since November. New owner/CEO is Vic Keller.

Reaction score
The only Autec system we have here in the DSM Metro is about to be removed because of a lack of sales and damage claims.
Wait it's about to be replaced? I can see why because when I was there the ground was dry, which means it hasn't been used in a while.

Reaction score
There’s an old AUTEC at a gulf station that I haven’t used in a while, and just like many other AUTEC units, it beats the hell outta the car and scratches it. I don’t even know if it’s still open. But I doubt it.

Reaction score
There’s an old AUTEC at a gulf station that I haven’t used in a while, and just like many other AUTEC units, it beats the hell outta the car and scratches it. I don’t even know if it’s still open. But I doubt it.
True! The Autec I went through shook the car a lot. I didn't think it would scratch until I saw how dirty the brushes were, but by then the door was already down, so it was too late.