What's new

August sales

washnvac

Reaction score
I had one location down 45% in August (year over year). Thanks for the "change" Obama!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sure it wasn't another factor? Not defending Obama, just wondering.

My June was way way down but it was weather.

For me it is better to not compare month to month too much sales wise and look at it quarterly.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
For us- Aug 2008 was good I think due to high gas prices, the people stayed home more and washed a little more. This year with lower gas prices they are all out wasting it. Also our august was quite a bit cooler, and wet, so hard to compare. I am also noticing more cars in our area that don't look like they have been washed in months, and according to the ica- 50% of the cars are only washed a couple of times a year. I had a lady at the wash in her 50's yesterday that said she was so glad to come to my wash and be able to wash for $2. I told her my tfree was only $4 if she ever wanted to try it, and she said she would like to , except for the extra $2 she could buy bread and eggs, and on her fixed income it was out of reach. It's hard to comprehend the fact that a couple of dollars is out of reach. Our area is finally starting to feel the effects of the recession and we are seeing more business close, and more layoffs, So I'm sure I sure we'll see some (Change).

washnvac

Reaction score
Sure it wasn't another factor? Not defending Obama, just wondering.

My June was way way down but it was weather.

For me it is better to not compare month to month too much sales wise and look at it quarterly.
I agree that June was weather. There was 18 days of rain for us. August was very little rain. I also agree with looking at quarterly, as the weekends cans fall differently year over year. But still, that was a big nut to be down. Regardless of the factors, it is much less money in the checking account.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
August was a bad month for us, too. I've been watching my checking account balance go down steadily through the year. I will probably have to skip or halve my rent payment to myself this month to catch back up.

I think there is a lot of collective belt tightening. People are maybe just waiting a little longer between washes. Maybe instead of washing once a week, some are washing twice a month. This is going to make it harder on the touch frees autos.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
We have seen a steady drop mostly due to the rain fall in the evening, if week-ends are nice we do ok, but not if rain is being forcast, but I am more concerned about what my customers have to say, I talk to alot of our customers and most say it is because they do not have the extra money and are very concerned about their jobs and income.

With the economy and the political situation we are in I can not blame, for I have some of the same feelings.