What's new

August "National Car Wash Month"

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I think I posted something on this last year. I deemed August "National Car Wash Month" at my wash. I did some research and could not find that the ICA or any other car wash organization have developed a national car wash month. I decided I would try to get the ball rolling by promoting August as "National Car Wash Month" and thought it helped me in one of my slower months. I thought it was a good month to do it because it is traditionally one of my slower months and for the industry as a whole. I was hoping that I could get some additional traction this year from owners and possibly the ICA. Any takers?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I always felt "Earth Day" April 22 would be a time for a natural promo day or month benefitting environmental considerations.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I think I posted something on this last year. I deemed August "National Car Wash Month" at my wash. I did some research and could not find that the ICA or any other car wash organization have developed a national car wash month. I decided I would try to get the ball rolling by promoting August as "National Car Wash Month" and thought it helped me in one of my slower months. I thought it was a good month to do it because it is traditionally one of my slower months and for the industry as a whole. I was hoping that I could get some additional traction this year from owners and possibly the ICA. Any takers?
I like the idea. August is a a slow month for us also.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I'm going to do it each year until it gains some traction or until someone comes up with a better idea. Somewhere along the way I heard that the average American only pays to get their car washed once a year. Maybe this will give those people who regularly do not wash their car some motivation.